Making mousepointer available

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
As you know, if you press 'v' you get a menu with orders e.t.c.
This also lets you use the mousepointer ingame, without opening menus or so.
I've tried to duplicate what's happening when you press v, but to no avail.
Have anone got a sample of code that manages to free the mousepointer?

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
i don't think your question is quite specific enough. do you want to make the mouse move the crosshair around the screen? or do you just want a pointer to click stuff (though i can't think why you would)

barnEbiss

Jul 8, 2001
uskaarj.beyondunreal.com
hey I posted your post for help with the mouse poniter in the
Chimeric coding forum and Raeled replyd back with this
I hope this can help you

"Raeled"
hi

acctually the UWindow (that what manages the menu stuff) is started if you press 'v'.

as you told you already tried to cut/past and edited some code, so you probably seen this already:

snip from UTConsolë
if( Key==SpeechKey )
{
if ( !bShowSpeech && !bTyping )
{
ShowSpeech();
bQuickKeyEnable = True;
LaunchUWindow();
}
return true;
}

first off the showspeech() prepares the window to be viewed

then bQuickKeyEnable is set to true (and this is where it happends) to make the rest of the menu (menubar, ...) not to show up.

the speechwindow does show up, becous it got bLeaveOnscreen set on True.

after that the UWindow is being started up, and becous bQuickKeyEnable is set to True the windows that don't have the bLeaveOnscreen set to true will be ignored (no render, no input, ...)

I hope this helped a bit.

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
Sorry if I wasn't specific enough...
The application it's gonna be used in is a sort of remote controll for ordering bots around in a better, more strategic way.
It's gonna be in the form of a weapon, and when you press the altfire, it needs to release the mousepointer like the v-menu does.
I've been into UWindow classes and have checked, and I have realised that it's a window controll that's not rendered like a window, but it uses masked textures instead, and that every menu item is a buttoncontroll that uses a texture instead of the default button-appearence, and I'm not quite sure if I'm gonna use this technique, maybe it's best, because another thought was using the HUD, but I believe UWindow would be better.
And since it's gonna be a bit complicated to use, I think I use a toggle instead of a hold-function to keep it up...
Maybe I can just copy the speechwindow class and play around with it...?