UE3 - UT3 No grid in my Orthographic viewports?!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zarenthaar

Apr 1, 2008
Title says it all... I have no grid whatsoever in my top/front/side views, only gray. I can use them np but obviously I can't align stuff to the grid if I have no friggin grid!!!

any1 encountered this issue or know how to fix that?

Bill_Brooks

Feb 11, 2008
On the top of the toolbar, click on View -> Viewport Configuration -> 2x2 Split. This will reset your viewports.

Zarenthaar

Apr 1, 2008
that's obviously the first thing I did even though I'm a noOB. It didn't work...my viewports aren't white and unusable, I just don't have the grid to mesure units.

but thx for trying to help nonetheless

Bill_Brooks

Feb 11, 2008
Sometimes its a good start to try the simple things first.
Have you changed you video drivers of video card lately.
Can you think of anything that has changed on your system at the same time that the grid changed.

Bill_Brooks

Feb 11, 2008
Did you try the drop down menu there is a grid tab that can be turned off and on. The keyboard short cut is the G key you might of turned it off.

Zarenthaar

Apr 1, 2008
I feel so doomed!! no1 seems to have that error, I installed the game on 2 other comps and both have the grid I really can't understand. At least you tried to help me, thx for being nice =]

DGUnreal

Level Designer
May 22, 2006
Time to upgrade your video.
UnrealEd for UT3 isn't fully supported on your video card.
SM2 cards don't have grid, your in-game usually renders looking as 16-bit, plus other engine areas such as foliage isn't properly supported since the cards don't support hardware instancing.

DGUnreal

Level Designer
May 22, 2006
Yeah, it's a pain though.
I had two systems here in my studio that I used as older hardware test systems for map making, one had an X800Pro the other an X800XE. Neither works properly with UT3, and the info on their issues I provided above is taken right from the Epic dev list. I ended up just getting rid of the systems and getting newer ones.