Lighting Problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Member: Hammer

Jun 3, 2005
Germany
Hello,

there is sometimes a to big difference between bsp and staticmeshes about lighting.

ive got an example here :

See atachment

Can somebody tell my what i gon do with it ?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 32

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
Firstly check out hour's lighting tutorial/article/thing. Meshes use vertex lighting while bsp uses lightmaps :)

http://www.planetunreal.com/phalanx/tut's/tutorial_vertex.htm

If you still have problems, be aware that there is a nice bug with UED where if you have zonelighting, static meshes will be affected by 2x what they should be for no apparent reason. Normal lights/sunlight are calculated ok, but if you have 16 zonelight for example, bsp would be lit by brightness 16 but meshes are lit by 32. Yeah, 10/10 to epic for that one, caused me no end of problems :hmm: Only real solution to this is to use less zonelight and instead have the odd low-brightness light actor around to prevent blackness.

Last edited: