Again: critical error after loading UnrealEd

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Decion

Apr 29, 2000
Germany
Visit site
Hi,

I know this has been asked before, but I couldn´t find an answer to this problem yet.

I installed UnrealEd on 2 PCs here at home and on both of them I can´t use it because whenever I try to start UnrealEd I get the following messagebox:
Cant find 'iniengine.engine.editorengine'in configuration file. History: Uobject::Safeload error <-Uobject::Staticloadclass<- Initengine

On both PCs several mutators (or mods) are installed like uwar, INF (my favourite), external Sniper, decal stay, super sneakers, frag bonus, mutator toolbox, Nevett, ProConCTF104 and so on. The mutators (especially INF since 2.75) are running fine. Both PCs are at 4.13 and I never could start UnrealEd successfully before on them.

Please, is there anyone out there who can help me with this problem?

(sorry for my bad english, this posting is from germany)

Decion

Gringle

Apr 11, 2000
USA
www.utworld.net
Well, first off, how did you get UnrealEd? I mean, how did you install it? Resist the urge to go into winfile and just setup UED from there. Either download the UnrealEd Fix 4 (I saw a link at Wolf's Unreal), or run the extras install from the second CD. Sorry this isn't that specific, but I need to know more!

------------------
---Gringle, webmaster of The Redeemer

Decion

Apr 29, 2000
Germany
Visit site
First of all, thanks for your reply.

I tried the file you mentioned above, but sorry, it didn?t work.

This posting takes a little time to read, sorry for that.

You wanted to know how I installed UnrealEd...

First I tried to install UnrealEd by installing the "extras" from the UT-CD2. When I discoverd the message-box problem I tried to install it directly from the UnrealEd folder from CD2. Both results into the critical error mentioned above.

I think it has something to do with the cfg files, unrealtournament.cfg and/or unreal.cfg.

The error-log of the editor shows this.
------------------------------------------
Log: Log file open, 04/29/00 21:35:32
Init: Name subsystem initialized
Init: Detected: Microsoft Windows 98 4.10 (Build: 67766446)
Init: Version: 413
Init: Compiled: Mar 25 2000 17:44:40
Init: Command line:
Init: Base directory: E:\UNREALTOURNAMENT\SYSTEM\
Init: Character set: Unicode
Log: Bound to Editor.dll
Log: Bound to Core.dll
Log: Bound to Engine.dll
Log: Bound to Window.dll
Init: Object subsystem initialized
Init: Computer: DECION
Init: User: a
Init: Memory total: Phys=261628K Pagef=262144K Virt=2093056K
Init: Working set: 0 / 0
Init: CPU Speed=654.542868 MHz
Init: CPU Page size=4096, Processors=1
Init: CPU Detected: PentiumPro-class processor (AuthenticAMD)
Init: CPU Features: CMov FPU RDTSC PAE MMX 3DNow!
Warning: Failed to load 'Class None.iniEngine.Engine.EditorEngine': Can't find 'iniEngine.Engine.EditorEngine' in configuration file
Warning: Can't find 'iniEngine.Engine.EditorEngine' in configuration file
Critical: appError called:
Critical: Can't find 'iniEngine.Engine.EditorEngine' in configuration file
Critical: Windows GetLastError: Der Vorgang wurde ausgef?hrt. (0)
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Critical: UObject::SafeLoadError
Critical: UObject::StaticLoadClass
Critical: InitEngine
Exit: Exiting.
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Error reentered: Assertion failed: TCHAR_CALL_OS(PostThreadMessage(EngineThreadId,WM_QUIT,0,0),PostThreadMessageA(EngineThreadId,WM_QUIT,0,0)) C\UTDev\Editor\Src\EdHook.cpp] [Line: 509]
Uninitialized: appRequestExit(1)
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 04/29/00 21:35:40
-----------------------------------------

This is also what the message-box sais:
Can't find 'iniEngine.Engine.EditorEngine' in configuration file

I thought, perhaps UnrealEd is for some reason not able to read my unrealtournament-cfg file properly, so it can?t find the line
EditorEngine=Editor.EditorEngine
in [Engine.Engine].

So I had a look at the unreal-cfg file. It showed this:
-----------------------
[Engine.GameEngine]
ServerPackages=disgraced

[FirstRun]
FirstRun=413
-----------------------

I added two lines in it.
[Engine.Engine]
EditorEngine=Editor.EditorEngine

I thought, perhaps UnrealEd reads this file, too. And it does. After starting UnrealEd the message-box didn?t occur anymore, but another error was raised. A look into the log-file told me the editor was missing the ViewportManager-entry in the cfg file. Now I added this line into the unreal-cfg file, too.
--> ViewportManager=WinDrv.WindowsClient

Another run... Now the editor missed the render-entry in the file. I added it to unreal.cfg.
--> Render=Render.Render

Ok, final run. Once more UnrealEd couldn?t start properly, the log told me this:
Init: Mouse info: 2 0 1
Init: Client initialized
Log: Bound to Render.dll
Init: Lighting subsystem initialized
Init: Rendering initialized
Critical: appError called:
Critical: Assertion failed: Actor->Role==ROLE_Authority [File C\UTDev\Engine\Src\UnLevAct.cpp] [Line: 79]
Critical: Windows GetLastError: Ein der f?r die Ausf?hrung dieser Anwendung notwendige Bibliothekdateien kann nicht gefunden werden. (1157)
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
----------------------------------------

--> Ein der f?r die Ausf?hrung dieser Anwendung notwendige Bibliothekdateien kann nicht gefunden werden.
This means: A library-file, which is needed to run the editor, was missed.

Ok, thats it for now. I don?t know the file which is missed, because the log-file doesn?t show it.

Any suggestions? Perhaps can you tell me, if your unreal-cfg is the same as mine now?

Decion

[This message has been edited by Decion (edited 04-29-2000).]

bastard_o

Lead Designer
When you installed UnrealEd from CD2 did it install clean ?

You must install it into your ?:\UnrealTournament\System directory.

Please send me your

UnrealTournament.ini
UnrealTournament.int
Editor.int

files I will have a look...

Sounds as if one of the muts you have has unset something, maybe...

Bastard'O
(Lead Infiltration Level Designer)
(PlanetUnreal hosted site http://www.planetunreal.com/realworld/)

Decion

Apr 29, 2000
Germany
Visit site
Gosh, that was it! Now UnrealEd works fine. Many many thanks to the -lost- one!

Ok, now I wonder why I have an Unreal.ini and (obviously) other people don´t. Anyway, UnrealEd is fixed now. Finally I am able to create some own (beginner-)maps. Thanks! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Decion

Does anyone know how to tell me how the hell are properly set player start. On a map I would like to repair Spawn. I have a problem. Both of the team start at the same location.
I set the player start at 2 different locations. and I would like to operate normally. One team starts on one side the map. opponent on the other side, the map

Any know how?