Help importing .t3d to Max

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
What utility do I use to do this? I haven't tryed in a week, so I can't be more specific. I couldnt' get UnrealTools to load or something, isn't there something newer I can use?

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
Anyone remember how I did this? I can still get stuff from Max to the editor with Spoog's ASEtoT3D, but I can't get it back. The only reason I need that is to actor align the brush before I skin it. I've never found a way to do that with max's ****ty snap.

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
only thing i can think of is export as obj from ued,it is there for ut2004,I am not sure, i have to look,in ued-ut.
I thinks thats the wrong direction you need anyway,there should be a plugin,got to be one around.

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
I made a plugin for max that lets you snap selected vertecies to the nearest x, y and/or z gridline (so doing all 3 is essentially exactly the same as UED's actor align command)

I'm at home-home atm so I don't have it here, I'll post it later today when I get back uni-home :p

I've only tested it on max 6 and 7 so I don't know if it works on other versions, but it's a super simple script so I think it should.

If you still need to export to max from UED2 cuz you already made the brush there, the only way I can think of that I know works is to export as .t3d, then import this into UED3, then export from UED3 as a .dxf though if you don't have UED3 atm it's a bit of a problem :)
I'm pretty sure this worked with no problems (though it was over 2 years ago and I can't remember too well)

ps. I miss akuma :p

Last edited:

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
I'd love to see that script for aligning the vertices to the grid, I hate doing an import just for that function.

I got it to export and import with Clive Barker's Undying t3d dealy. I guess that wasn't too difficult, not that I've done anything really, but finding the utility again was nice.

I was digging through some old TacOps threads and Rich seemed to be the only one over there with half a brain. I was a real pariah because I brought our same sense of harsh judgment and mean jokes and they didn't at all get it, but Rich sat on the sidelines and loved it. He was designing for the Medal of Honor company or something?

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
Sorry, I managed to completely forget about this. The file is attached. Sorry the instructions are rather ****e but I don't have max installed right now and I can't remember how you set it up properly :hmm:

Hope it's usefull anyways.

Attachments

• Vertex Snap Buttons.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 48