Infiltration Bot Tweaker

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cunubelin

Absens haeres non erit (Soccerdad)
Sep 19, 1999
Sweden
Is this a problem?

The only option I have under the preset menu is "Human" and it does not do anything to my settings.

Also I get no botnames in the selected bot field, it only shows the path to my infiltrationuser.ini file... 100 times...

I put it in a new folder under UT, started the app. Told it where to find infiltrationuser.ini and that's it.

I have win98 SE.

This program should be in infiltration 3.0!
(Too late to put it in with 2.86?)

Peace!
C.

pazzar

Mar 29, 2001
Perth, Australia
Installed fine.
Only prob is that only have the first 31 bots, then it has the path to my ini file heaps of times.

an only Human under the presets option.

Other than that, bloody brilliant.

carnivore

Built For The kill
Feb 6, 2001
israel
Bot skill?

Hi DLL, do i need to set the basic skill level of the bots, or it doesnt metter?

BTW-THANK YOU MAN :D

Mason

Self appointed voice of reason
Dec 14, 2000
Upstate NY
forums.unreal2.net
Great job, DLL! I finally got everything working(my own stupidity..) and played a few rounds. First map: Sicily, I ran to the street that had the MG emplacement on it, that's where they usually come through, waited....and all of a sudden I heard shots coming from my left! The bots took a route that I NEVER saw them take before and came out to my immedtiate left. To say the least, I was very pleased. That was just ONE of my pleasant surprises playing with the tweaked bots.:D

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
Can those of you experiencing problems please email me your ini file with a description of the problem? My email address is robmalt1@pacbell.net. I'd really like to find that path bug and squash it.

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
C@RN!VORE - The basic skill (Skilled, InHuman, Godlike, etc.) does have an effect. I read that it increases bot accuracy and damage.

Oh, and to address the presets... there is only one preset right now. I plan on adding more, but in my haste to release the program I didn't have time to come up with other configs.

carnivore

Built For The kill
Feb 6, 2001
israel
Bot skill?

DLL, the bots skill is changing as i play.
if i play good it increase and if not it decrease.
But what iv noticed is that the basic skill remain on skilled or adept, even if i win.
strange...
BUT, today iv played in DM-Matrixed and its the first time that the bots moved in the elavators and kicked my ass time after time...

I love you man...:D

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
aaawwww shucks :p

Glad to hear you're getting your butt kicked..

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
Missing bot names

To the users with missing bot names:

If you install and set up Infiltration Bot Tweaker correctly you may still not have bots listed in the bot list. According to Beppo, the section of your ini file that is edited by IBT is not added until your first bot match. If you find that you have no bots to select from the name list in IBT, try playing a round against bots first.

You can check your InfiltrationUser.ini file yourself by opening it with a text editor and checking for the InfiltrationUT.InfBotInfo section. If that section is missing then you need to play a round against bots first.

carnivore

Built For The kill
Feb 6, 2001
israel
bots names?

Hi DLL man, im still not getting all the names , and i played some matches (well, alot of matches, cant stop playing Dm-Matrixed!)
and i still dont have all the bots names.
any idea?

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
After some quick testing it seems that only the default bot names are added to the infiltrationuser.ini. That is the only file that is currently edited by IBT. If I find out anything different I'll let you know.

Mason

Self appointed voice of reason
Dec 14, 2000
Upstate NY
forums.unreal2.net
I have noticed something odd with the tweaker: I reinstalled everything(UT, patch, Inf..everything) and again had a problem with your program...could't locate bot names even when pointing the program at the correct directory. I then started Inf. and altered some of the bots profiles(just a few loadouts, actually) and when I tried the BotTweaker again it worked fine. Odd, but whatever. So, to anyone having problems with it, try starting Inf and then altering a bot profile or two, as well as the teams that they are on, and then try the program again.:cool:

carnivore

Built For The kill
Feb 6, 2001
israel
DLL? help

Ok, man, i need you to explain something to me...
Iv setted the bots skills in your program (thank man:D ) and that was ok (exept for the bots names but i will try mason advise), BUT, i need you to tell me how to set the basic bot skill?
For now its on "adjaste skill" , but i want to know if the basic skill im setting in the game has any efect , and if so , which skill to set them on?

Thanx man

pazzar

Mar 29, 2001
Perth, Australia
Originally posted by DLL
C@RN!VORE - The basic skill (Skilled, InHuman, Godlike, etc.) does have an effect. I read that it increases bot accuracy and damage.

Taking my answer from that:

Yes the base bot skill does have an effect.
It seems that base skill adjusts the stats that you have allready put in with the bot tweaker.

In other words if you have a bot with 100% everything and you put the base skill on godlike then it will be like 100x100%. Maybe a bit of exaguration there but...

Thats my jist of it. And the auto adjust bot skill will adjust the bot base skill during the game to match your skill.

I'm probly wrong so flame away :p But thats what I get from it.

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
Re: Missing bot names

Mason, my post above addresses your question:

Originally posted by DLL
To the users with missing bot names:

If you install and set up Infiltration Bot Tweaker correctly you may still not have bots listed in the bot list. According to Beppo, the section of your ini file that is edited by IBT is not added until your first bot match. If you find that you have no bots to select from the name list in IBT, try playing a round against bots first.

You can check your InfiltrationUser.ini file yourself by opening it with a text editor and checking for the InfiltrationUT.InfBotInfo section. If that section is missing then you need to play a round against bots first.

The part of the ini that IBT edits is not there at first. You have to run a bot match or edit some of the bot settings as you suggested. This causes Inf to add that section to the ini file.

carnivore

Built For The kill
Feb 6, 2001
israel
again...

Ok, about the bot skill.
From what i read, it has an efect on the bot skills, so what is the skill i need to place the bots on?

BTW-dll, you are famose now, you are in the main menu!
Great job man.

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
The skill you choose depends on a lot of factors. With my 'Human' preset I recommend 'skilled'. But you should adjust the settings until the bots are the most fun for you.