Mass Effect 3 Delayed Into 2012

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Bioware has announced that Mass Effect 3 will be pushed back into the Q1 2012 timeframe. This is according to a post on the Mass Effect Facebook page, which reads,

Mass Effect 3 will be released in the first three months of 2012. The development team is laser focused on making sure Mass Effect 3 is the biggest, boldest and best game in the series, ensuring that it exceeds everyone's expectations.

Sad news for anyone (myself included) dying to know what happens next!

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Aww. But maybe we'll get some more ME2 DLCs in the mean while? And is the Cerberus News Network schedule pushed as well?

Anyway, if that means polishing the game (*cough*BeingSuspendedInTheAirAfterTouchingRandomSurfaces*cough*), then I'm all for it. And here's continuous hope they'll go back to the overheat system.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
The more time they take, the better it will be. Also, the more likely they'll fix that air walking bug. Man do I hate that.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
This video is forbiden.

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwnBeuE0wQo[/m]

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I disagree. This is EXCELLENT news for anyone that played the massive rush-job that was DA2. Sure, somethings were changes with purpose (the art style, the animations on attacks, etc.), but so much was obviously rushed, and taking their time with my beloved Mass Effect strikes me as entirely good news. Like they can learn their lesson, even.

~Jason

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I disagree. This is EXCELLENT news for anyone that played the massive rush-job that was DA2. Sure, somethings were changes with purpose (the art style, the animations on attacks, etc.), but so much was obviously rushed, and taking their time with my beloved Mass Effect strikes me as entirely good news. Like they can learn their lesson, even.
this is a great point.

I don't want ME3 to be the equivalent of DA2.
I'd love for BioWare to take their time.

Vaginal Epiphany

Jun 11, 2010

~Jason

I was just about to write that post.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I think it is good news overall. Hopefully things like the stupid planet scanning mini-game will be crapped on and deleted from existence while a few more RPG-ish elements that ME1 had will be added back in.

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
I find this to be very good news. There are so many good games being released towards the end of the year that I won't have time to play them all anyway. :p

Also, DA2 is awesome. I love the combatsystem in that game.