UE2 - UT2kX Custom into movie playing during game start up??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Blu_comet

Mar 21, 2008
Hey guys, i want to implement a short intro movie into my mod and the movie is about 2 mins long.
what i want to achieve is, well ,when the game starts, it automatically play my short intro movie first and then switch to the game after it is finish playing. So is it possible to have it implement into the game in UT2004? If so, how do i go about it??? what format should my intro movie be in?? and what resolution/size would be appropriate??
is there any tutorials out there that go over this topic??? and i would really appreciate if you guy could be a bit more detail with your answers....
A big THANK YOU in advance!!!!! ;);):):):):D:D;):);)

SuperApe

Registered Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
Inna Jungle
wiki.beyondunreal.com
Hi there. I want to help. I've noticed several threads started by you recently and I want to give a heads up. First, search. You need to break down your query into relevant, simple keywords and search UnrealWiki (legacy), BUF, Epic Forums, etc.

To answer your question, there are ways to play in-game cutscenes (matinees), but not to play a movie file in-game.

Short answer: Old Skool Monsta Toolz has tools available to facilitate introduction cutscenes that play before match start. They allow you to detect the player character (which model, skins, sounds, etc) and load that up, so your cutscene character matches that selected by the player. Also full control over the pawn during the cutscene, etc.

Long answer: Although there are ways to start an intro cutscene without OSMT, there are some serious limitations: not the least of which is the inability to take control of the player character pawn and the inability to detect the player's chosen character model, skins, etc.

As I think I may have mentioned in other responses, if you use OSMT, just distribute OSMT in its entirety and credit me in your readme file.

Hope that helps.