cXp public beta: we need your support

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead_Metal

I'm something - But I don't know what.
Feb 13, 2004
..... You know, that map - I haven't personally played it, but when it has that XMP tag in front of it, it is thereby an XMP map, whether u seem to think it doesn't meet the requirements or not. I remember back towards when I started playin XMP ppl bitching about Lowlands because two gens weren't XMP'ish. The mappers play the major part in saying what XMP is and what it can be. The players have an idea of what XMP is because they've played it and it seems to take on the shape of a form that they LIKE. They don't see the reasoning behind a lvl having this there, and that there and here and there are some trees (method to a madness). It is the mappers that truly define what XMP can be. The coders that work with new materials for XMP expand it or add onto it. They too play an integral part in the process.

One reason for the addition of all these new and strange maps is due to the "blandness" that was said that XMP had. Excuse us if we try to bring interesting things to the game play.

To recollect, it was decided a long time ago that we would never be the communities saviors.....you know why....

Now as it was asked before. START HELPING.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
I don't usually do this, but - bump!
It's been one week, but so far I have only found New Maps running cXp beta (THANKS Brotha!)
If anyone find another server running cXp beta, please post about it here (unless someone posted it already).

My visits to the New Maps server has been quite positive. People seem to enjoy our maps for the most part (except for a few long matches).
Please, we need more servers. If you have a server, please consider throwing some cXp beta maps on. You don't even have to host all maps from the pack. Every little bit helps (!)

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
thx Xaero! My favourite staff of this forum ;)

fireball you're back! Thank you and the whole TAU clan for use of your server.

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
Alright, still haven't played on any servers (f****** huge hint :mad: ), just walked around on my own for a while. Also, I'm writing this at work 2 days after doing so, so sorry if I confuse a map or two.

artidozenraptors: The bumps just didn't help. Not a big fan. OK, so people won't say I'm sucking up: I don't like it.

cemetary: Very nice map. I like all the fog (less sniping, yay!), and the node rooms/churches are a good twist. I can see arti carriers dying a lot waiting for those doors to open. I will say though that while I was wandering around I would think, "Oh, look, another deploy."

crystalgarden: How do you get the artis? Do you have to reach a certain energy level? I forgot the cannon wasn't the normal type and splattered myself on the base roof. After that, I had some fun flinging myself around, but I think even a gunner could move faster than the cannon.

duality: Very tight halls are a deathtrap, which could be a good thing. I can't say anything else until I actually play on a server (alright, isn't this more of a deathmatch-type map?)

gecko: Still like it. I like that there are fewer gens than in the original.

heavenlyhell: A little plain-looking, needs more texture detail. Not easy to drive the raptors up those spiral stairs. ;)

lastrites: Couldn't actually remember this map until I looked at its pic on cxp website, which is wierd because it's an excellent map. The hole in the roof directly above the node could make defense interesting.

simplicity: What's the point to the raptors? Especially the lifts that move them to hallways too narrow to navigate. I kept getting turned around in the halls. Doesn't feel like an XMP map.

uraniumecho: Beautiful map, needs radar desperately. I drove a raptor into a hole in the ground just inside the cave entrance to the right of the waterfall. Someone was asking about the tracks around the nodes-raptor racing?

valleyofthedead: The supernaut rules, if you've got enough people to man it. I got lost,and stuck a couple of times, in the cavern (a lot very dark areas, and pointy holes that grab you and don't let go).

Yes, I was on X clan's server for a while last night, but apparently not long enough to get around to a cxp map. And RGB is becoming quite popular, 3 RGB-only servers?

Last edited:

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
GotBeer?,
On CrystalGarden, do you see the node in the middle of the map, sorta floating in mid air? Initially all 4 artifacts are in there, and you can see they are purple. If you cannot see the whole node, or any artifacts, you can try rebuilding MD5. One tester had that problem and fixed it that way. Still do not know what caused it. If you see the node but still can't figure out how to get artis, read on:

To get inside the node, you cannot go from below; it's made high enough so no one can jump up from below. You have to get on top of a hill on either side of the road, where the manned turrets are. From the edge of the hill, you can see the sides of the node room. The sides are actually cut open, right thru the path of the node. To jump across, you must do a sprint dodge jet, just like jumping across the broken bridge in Alcazar.

BTW, I have actually used the human cannon to get to the pipes sticking out of the hills, I'd say that goes pretty far and fast ;)

Last edited:

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
Tak-

Maybe I didn't approach it from head-on then, because there was like a faint wall that blocked my landing on the node. Maybe I'll try it again tonight, if I'm able (going to a work party, which always turns into a big drunk-fest. We may not get payed a lot, but the place sure can be fun.)

fireball

Reach out and torch someone
Got the five CXP maps that don't need CXP.u on our server (TAU XMP ...). The other ones will be added once iLan rebuilds the MD5; they're just not in rotation. I can't say when the CXP maps will come up because our server uses a random map mutator, but stay there for a while and you're sure to hit one eventually.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
ah, a cxp quiz! 5 maps that dont use cxp.u...
I am recalling from head, no cheats...

duality, uranium, last rites, gecko... and... cemetry! ok i cheated for that last one :)

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
Just as an update for my part of the cXp.
Final changes to LastRites:
-LastRites has been extensively optimized.(has generally stable FPS above Scirocco's FPS level even for people with lowend cards)
-Lighting in bases has been redone.
-Various minor fixes terrain, particle systems, static mesh and BSP.

~DW~Cap'nCK

Aug 8, 2004
Arti Dozen Raptor is Just a trainin map: for Gutblowin and Deathmatch.

That's it no biggy about it!!

NRK

Nercury
Apr 20, 2004
Lithuania
I redesigned Heavenly Hell's bases:
HH07.jpg

so now there is much beter fps at the base and outside. Also added jump pads instead of hackable teleporter rooms and removed all teleporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.