Unreal beta the begining

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

)bee(scarbelly.nl

Feb 15, 2006
holland
richardmoust.googlepages.com
aha so if we cantact a administrator to ask if he wanna install the s3tc map package we can play the maps online right?
if we can ask on jolt co uk maby he wanna doo that never seen those textures online.

email from jolt co uk just dm-deck16 will be fine:
email:colin@jolt.co.uk i will email him cheerz

Last edited:

JeniSkunk

Aug 4, 2005
)bee(scarbelly.nl said:
what if the servers have also the 2nd cd installed with the s3tc textures then also not playable?
You'll STILL cop a version mismatch tripping server security.
AFAIK, the textures in the S3TC demo map pack are not the same as the textures used in any version of UT.

It was why you could not, in general, download and use skins in Unreal in online play. Version mismatch between the default skin texture set and what you'd changed it to by adding the downloaded skins into it.
Some servers had their own specific skin set. To play on those servers you had to download their skin set, and replace the default skin set with the one from their server.

Jenifur Charne

)bee(scarbelly.nl

Feb 15, 2006
holland
s3tc

JeniSkunk said:
You'll STILL cop a version mismatch tripping server security.
AFAIK, the textures in the S3TC demo map pack are not the same as the textures used in any version of UT.

It was why you could not, in general, download and use skins in Unreal in online play. Version mismatch between the default skin texture set and what you'd changed it to by adding the downloaded skins into it.
Some servers had their own specific skin set. To play on those servers you had to download their skin set, and replace the default skin set with the one from their server.

Jenifur Charne
ok What if we use the oginall skins from within unreal

Last edited:

JeniSkunk

Aug 4, 2005
)bee(scarbelly.nl said:
ok What if we use the oginall skins from within unreal

You should be alright, using the textures that shipped with a retail, or comonly used patch version of Unreal. That is, of course, allowing for differences from one version to another.

Jenifur Charne

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Data on build 223m - both Scarbelly's and Jenny's versions are identical - Jenny's is simply first put inside the "Demo\Unreal" folder, along with 226f patch and OpenGL update.

- they don't contain the three 3DFX demo maps (DmBayC; DmCreek; DmKrazy) that are included in 223m 3DFX build.
- one map from Fusion is missing (DM-Twilight)

I'll have that patch ready soon.

JeniSkunk

Aug 4, 2005
Delacroix said:
- they don't contain the three 3DFX demo maps (DmBayC; DmCreek; DmKrazy) that are included in 223m 3DFX build.
- one map from Fusion is missing (DM-Twilight)
My SBLive copy of the Unreal Special Edition Demo, with DMBayC, DMCreek and DMKrazy is Unreal v205.
Till now I've never heard of a 3dFX 223m version of the SE Demo.

Jenifur Charne

)bee(scarbelly.nl

Feb 15, 2006
holland
Last edited:

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
there is another game called unreal, its a 2D game however.
I am familiar with the Unreal sceners and I have some of the tracker tunes.
Apparently there is/was a BBS called Unreal or the user group called that, that pre-dates Unreal for quite some time. I tinkered on BBS's and my own BBS stuff, but the intardnet took over that.