[Game] AudioSurf

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I thought you just said you wanted to compete Pete? :p

I don't want to piss you off even more than your current status, but I just played it again and it felt easy compared to what I just tried. Some tracks are just completely insane it would require a bunch of Koreans to achieve.

I'd like to get a video up of me aimboting, but I can't get any software to do so. :|

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Starlight, aproximately 3:23 - 3:25, when the snare drum is repeatedly hit, there are like a MILLION gray blocks! I had a perfect score up until that point and then the gray just piled on. :(

edit - Why is your track so much nicer than mine?

starlight.jpg

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
They don't quite match, in fact, your curve is going in hell at the end. That's the thing I don't like at all about the game for competition, it's the fact that the version is different on each computers, although they are similar. I bet it will get fixed in the future.

By the way, the game stores these quick-load files, so you may want to delete it and let the computer re-generate a new one. I started a thread on Steam forums here.

I'm uploading the video now, it's going to take a while (135 MB) and the audio got F'ed up.

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
^ That's not the problem, I just regenerated the song 5 times, and it was the same exact each time.

The problem lies in differing mp3 files. Depending on the program and codec used to rip the mp3, there are going to be differences between the files. Differences in volume, bitrate, etc...

Kantham do me a favor and send me your Starlight. I want to confirm my theory. jaguax@gmail.com

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
You got mail.

Yeah, I agree, makes sense. It's still a problem globally though.
Video is up, again, the Cursor is showing up, and Audio is F'ed up.

Video here.

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Yeah the file you sent me is much better, first try I got 10,000+ over my previous score. (btw, somebody beat you)

I'm done for tonight, I can't stand this. I'm perfect up until the final stretch and it always gets me in one way or another. :mad:

My eyes are shot. I can't even focus on this text anymore. :eek:

Airmoran

Construct
Nov 9, 2004
It seems like you can get the Orange Box soundtrack for free by downloading Audiosurf's demo. If that's not an incentive to check it out, I don't know what is.

Anyways, awesome idea with awesome visuals. I'm tempted to drop 10 bucks on it. :tup:

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
This game is awesome. I tried the demo and after it expired I bought the full game.

I love to play Ninja Mono mode with songs from The Prodigy (Music 1,2,3,4 & Wind it Up), Apollo Four Fourty (Stop the Rock) and anything with a good uptempo beat (Arctic Monkeys ftw!)

Great concept and great visuals.

(to see how good the virtualisation is try it with some classical music, Beethoven for example)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Anyone knows why google video resize the resolution of your video if you already reduced it? Did I miss a "**** my video up" check box or is it just their policy about streaming?
Apparently you could upload a single 1 GB video, so why my little 135 MB should be harmful to all those broadband users?

All these Megabytes uploaded for nothing, it should ask you to use google **** my video up converter something beta.exe before uploading it.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Yeah, it re-encodes your videos because it plays them back as this flash format and because of that they have to be quite low res. (So that they run smoothly for anyone who watches them - because of the way flash player works)

But to be very honest screw all these flash movie based sites :]
Use something like Stage6.com. You can upload virtually any files size and length, it just has to be in DivX format. If you have DivX Pro you can encode the movies super high-res and at "extreme" quality, too.
Been using it for a while and I must say it's pretty cool. (As you can see from the link in my sig [/selfpimp])
[SCREENSHOT]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f24/dubdesign/BuF/stage6roadsign.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yeah I just registered to that site the other day and uploaded my video. It didn't seem to show up anywhere in my profile the other day.

I go to check my profile back again and all I can see is that it is stuck on "Step 3 of 3: Publishing to Stage6" with no options around to finish this out other than a yellow "X". Bug?

Also, why is it only Gametrailers/making of's/Intros showing up on GamingAddict?

Last edited:

Assymilator

No idea what to put here.
Feb 18, 2001
It's Not Atlanta, GA
This game is God. I haven't had this much fun in a long-ass time.

And as I expected, jazz (and nu-jazz) music is like an automatic "insane" which is great. Black Forest by Radio Citizen almost made me crap myself.

I'm gonna try some Muse tomorrow. Hysteria, Butterflies and Hurricanes, and Shrinking Universe sound like they'd be tough as hell. As well as Man With a Movie Camera by Cinematic Orchestra (YouTube link to the video).

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I found out that one of the song I was playing gave me less points on Ironmode than just the standard way, even though I did a perfect mono run on both more (Ironmode being the hardest) I found this to be silly.

This game still needs some balancing.

Airmoran

Construct
Nov 9, 2004
Well, I got the full game. It's the kind of game you keep installed for years at a time.

Anyways, I don't know if the feature exists, but what I really want is a level editor of some sort. The existing level generator does a pretty good job of meeting expectations, but it isn't always perfect. For example, I was just playing Daft Punk - Aerodynamic. I expected the solo bits to be insanely difficult, but the level generator decided that I'd be better suited with a slow section with virtually no notes. It's kind of blue-ball-ey

Last edited:

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
Some really tough tracks I'm trying to master on Ninja Mono:

The Prodigy - Ruff (in the Jungle)
The Prodigy - 1,2,3,4 Music
L7 - Shirley
Nickelback - Animals