So we're down to 4 servers..

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
There's only four servers left. JgKdo has been offline for some time now and it wouldn't be unlogical to think it's offline due to lack of players. Jeez, four servers. I feared this day would come. I hope faithfull players will come back next year, and more servers with that. Good thing InfGermany is still here. I need some DTAS now and then. And oui, that's dtas sans tdm. Babel that.

Anyway, here's to inf another year. Oh we don't have a beerglass smiley. Ah well. Salut.

And JgKdo come back.

Last edited:

Kitty.cat

It'll work, just not the right way.
Sep 18, 2005
Oregon
PDX Server coming sometime around new year. I'll make sure to keep kicking Steve's ass until it's perfect, too.

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
You'll be in a serious breach of contract with your school. I wouldn't recommend it.

I'm assuming they provide you guys with 'free' broadband?

If so - running a server on their connection usually gets you kicked out of the dorms or worse.

BTH

Dickcheese Faggot
Nov 12, 2005
Spain
Steve, can you use that mutie that allows EAS and TDM maps in the same maplist? Dont know if its all buggy or works well, but i think it exists... saw it in combatmaps.de

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Tired that but does not work well due to respawns. It seems that the game types share the same ini settings. So, while you can mix the two [TDM/EAS], TDM will have respawns - which suxs.

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
No, EAS sucks with zero respawns because the round doesn't end when all the defenders die.

Why not do TDM with infinite respawns? Then it would actually be TDM instead of Team Last Man Standing.

You guys that play TDM want fast and furious action, you hate waiting while dead. Why not do infinite respawns? Sure you'll get lots of spawn kills, but with random spawns it is hard to spawn kill someone consistantly.

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
At one pouint I tried to set that up and the problem, if I remember correctly, is that Inf does not support it. You can set the numbers to 99, but you will run into cases where someone will die 99 times while someone else has only died 50...long wait for that first guy. :) It would work if you could set it up for 99 respawns then a 20 minute game timer and have it calculate which team died less at teh end of the round. With Inf, however, if you do that, it always calculates a tie (since neither team lost all people) and you replay the map. :(