UE2 - UT2kX Problem importing .t3d UE2 in UDK?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

3DUnreal3

Apr 9, 2013
i have some problem to build a castle that i made for ut2004
this castle is built with solids (add) in a empty brush

I can import the t3d files in UDK
What are the steps to do after the import ?
whe i press build all , udk crash

help...is a big castle...

Thanks

3DUnreal3

Apr 9, 2013
There is a tool for converting the T3D format between the different engine generations. Try googling for something like "ut2004 ut3 map converter".

the question is "why udk has this feature when is not always possible import t3d ?)

with that tool is possible import .t3d files from thief 3 ? ( i think 2.8) i hope :)

Last edited:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
T3D is just a general way to represent engine data as text. Each engine generation has different needs, so they all have different versions of this text representation.

I don't know Thief, so you'll have to figure out on your own. I do think, however, that the format is similar or even identical for most games of the same engine generation.

3DUnreal3

Apr 9, 2013
we have two difference between thief engine and ut2004 .
dynamic textures , advanced emitters ,multi parameters