[Series] The Walking Dead

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I think both the girls wanted to be like Carol, but neither had the fortitude to pull it off. It was a very sad episode.

Ultimately the real conflict here is between Carroll and Rick. Rick kicked Carroll out because he did not feel safe about her world view. With the kids the contrast is how Rick is raising Carl, vs the ideas Carroll taught the girls. The last episode was Carroll finding that she was wrong. Contrast the defiant confession she gave to Rick vs the repentant one she gave T. The kid was crazy to start with, but she still feels responsible. But I don't think it's resolved. At some point she will have to act and show she's learned her lesson. However, that may mean sacrificing her life.

Last edited:

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I got caught up this weekend and I gotta say: I'm onboard again. I just hated the whole Governor part of the story. Glad it's over with.

Loved the way the season ended. Looking forward to the next season.

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
I got caught up this weekend and I gotta say: I'm onboard again. I just hated the whole Governor part of the story. Glad it's over with.

as much as i really am into this series like so many others, I do know what you mean. ...but i also like how they ended that with the episodes dedicated to the The Governor after Woodbury.

I rather like Tara Chambler's character too :)

Cool beans

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
This season lost me as a regular viewer. It was just so uneven and the boring sections were way too long for the eventual payoffs. Too much suspension of belief like those cops in starched uniforms. Towards the end they've painted the group as nearly unredeemable so it looks to be a race to the bottom behavior-wise. Rick became Shane, Michonne totally lost her edgy appeal, Carol proved she shouldn't be around kids again like ever, etc. By the way this whole Carol being a Stepford Wife thing isn't creepy, it's just dumb.

Oh and too many directors with disparate visions. It made the season too herky-jerky. You'd have a John Woo type episode followed by a John Waters type. It needs continuity more than flavors.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
By the way this whole Carol being a Stepford Wife thing isn't creepy, it's just dumb..

Maybe. But clearly it's strategy.

I thought this season was probably the best ever. I hated season 2 and 4(?) with the whole Governor character plotline, but this season totally made up for those seasons, IMO.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I thought this season was probably the best ever. I hated season 2 and 4(?) with the whole Governor character plotline, but this season totally made up for those seasons, IMO.

I really enjoyed this season as well. Carol became downright scary (Carol vs. little kid, Carol vs. Pete). Rick became lustful (blood and otherwise) and crazy. It was very cool seeing the contrast between the group now and the Alexandria bunch. The spinning door scene with Glenn and Noah was pretty intense. I also liked how they handled the final scene with Tyrese; it was a very dramatic look at the death of one of the main characters -- something that they really haven't done before. And of course, Morgan and his Bo Staff promise to make the next season very interesting.

Reactions: Big-Al and Al

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
^I read Issue 144 yesterday. Hot damn!!! Can't watch Al's video right now but I am guessing its the prelude to "all out war", as s5 was full of little hints(baseball bats :( )

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
The cutscenes look like they're setting up a battle between Morgan and Rick, but I think they're misdirecting a bit. I can't wait for it to get started again.

Reactions: Al