Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Is this your opinion or one of your weird social experiments, you crafty manipulator, you..?
For realz. The plot got confusing, the ending was gay, the characters were boring and only some of the jokes were funny. There was needless nudity and the tripping scenes were stupid. And not even funny stupid, just stupid.

harry-potter-come-at-me-bro.jpg

Last edited:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
For realz. The plot got confusing, the ending was gay, the characters were boring and only some of the jokes were funny. There was needless nudity and the tripping scenes were stupid. And not even funny stupid, just stupid.

harry-potter-come-at-me-bro.jpg

yeah yeah, troll :rolleyes:

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
I don't feel as strongly as Arnox, but agree with him that's it's a massively overrated film. Pick any Coen brothers comedy (or a couple of non-comedies) out of a hat and they'll almost certainly be funnier, better-written and better-acted. And I know I'll be really alone in this opinion, but fuck Jeff Bridges.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
On the other hand...

Die Hard - 9/10

A classic. A lot of good actors in here, great fighting, and some memorable quotes. Ending was pretty good too. A movie you'll keep coming back to in the end as something only a classic movie can do. So why 9 instead of 10? It's just not my favorite KIND of film is all if that makes any sense.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Isn't it weird? Just imagine. I'm just some guy on the internet putting his opinion out for a movie in a small, mostly unknown forum and yet everyone gets so butthurt after I gave one of their so-called great movies a 2. I didn't know you guys cared so much about my opinion. :3

In any case, I bet you all watched it while you were baked. If you did, your opinion doesn't count because being baked makes everything look better than it really is.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
The Hunger Games - 8/10

Excellent. Haven't read the books but you don't need to. Premise is pretty straight forward.

Very well shot and acted. You know right from the start that this is going to be a dark movie. Good amount of violence for a PG-13 movie. A lot of the action was shaky cam unfortunately, but intense nonetheless.

I think the ending could've had a bit more impact. It was definitely hollywoodized IMO. But maybe they were just following the book? I dunno.

The romance came a bit fast and added a little cheese factor, especially one overacted line. Something along the lines of "you scared me half to death, damn you!!" which was waaayyy overacted and caused the audience to crack up.

Overall I would definitely watch this again. And I will say that I liked it a lot better than the Japanese hit "Battle Royale". I don't know why people like that movie so much.

MAJOR SPOILER

As for the ending, I almost wish they had gone through with the suicide. That would've been a big eff you to the capitol, as well as a more powerful ending. But they are no doubt continuing this series, so I suppose the characters need to live on.

edit - One more thought.

It got weird at the end when those monsters spawned out of the ground... What the hell was that all about? Kind of goes against the whole point of having the kids kill eachother.

Last edited:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Trollers gonna troll.

True.

These movies have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

The one thing they have in common is a target audience (if the enthusiasm with which my teenage daughter and her friends set off this afternoon to go and see the movie is anything to go by.)

Fortunately, common target audience is not an indicator for the quality of the production.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Forgetting the target audience, I don't think you can correlate fandom it if they are different genres. Twilight for all intents and purposes is a romance novel series. The Hunger Games are dystopian adventure books, as Harry Potter are fantasy books. All three series have "young adult" target audiences, but you really can't determine that a Harry Potter fan is a Twilight fan.

Still, TM is right. Trollers gonna troll.