Make People Like UT3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
You can rephrase what someone else has said to insert your own meanings into it. Stop it. Probably, Tahn's opinion is along the lines of "UT3 was made well-enough that it deserves to be liked and played" and then you contrast that to the idea "playing a game as it was not intended to be played is a good thing." Phrased that way instead of "UT3 sucks" and "glowskins suck" and there's an obvious difference.

Everybody here already knows that people have differences of opinions, and that's OK. So let's shy away from what is getting close to name-calling, or at the least character bashing.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
They have a lot of connection.

"UT3 sucks" in your opinion is a bad thing to say.

"Glowskins suck" in your opinion is an OK thing to say.

Now who talks hypocrisy ??
I see no hypocracy there. UT3 and glowsticks do not go hand in hand.
1) They aren't in deathmatch
2) The glowsticks used in mods are MUCH MUCH MUCH more ridiculous than UT3 ever is (and it only glows you at a distance)

Funny thing is I didn't say anything directly about whether or not it's "ok to say UT3 sucks." People are welcome to their views. This thread isn't about whether it's OK to say it sucks, its only supposed to be about promoting the game. (And this is a little off the beaten path but still...)

Last edited:

Northrawn

Feb 21, 2009
This thread isn't about whether it's OK to say it sucks, its only supposed to be about promoting the game. (And this is a little off the beaten path but still...)

I know, do YOU?

in otherwords, you suck as you can't hit anything that isn't a neon flashing sign. It's not like players are really hard to see in this game...

UT3 is about instant respawning and going right into the action again after shot dead IN EVERY GAMETYPE. And if there happen to be big maps (Warfare/vCTF) they give you a hoverboard to go to the action faster.
In other words: People who like Jailbreak suck because they play it the way UT3 was not intended to play because they need a gametype where they can rest in a cell when they lost one single firefight. This totally against the spirit of UT3.

Not that I dislike Jailbreak (and I don't like Glowskins either), but I am pointing out the double-satndards here.

Last edited:

Sportaçus

Protecting the citizens of Lazytown.
Feb 17, 2009
I only like to play UT3 for the VCTF.
Instand fights and teamwork.

Mostly I play it because of the awsome custom skins people are creating for it.:D

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Just dropping in to ask one thing... Why on Earth is L4D so popular? I haven't studied it extensively, but from a glance it's your generic shoot-any-zombies-you-see-with-realistic-weapons game with graphics comparable to those of UT2003, which had most of its graphics made back in early 2001. Multiplayer isn't that exciting - basically it's Unreal style co-op with boring monsters that all look the same.
So, why did this at best mediocre game get so popular, while UT3, that at least had good graphics and was original enough with opponents and history, get only this much attention?

-n7-

May 12, 2006
Edmonton, AB
...co-op...

And pretty much the best kind of co-op ever.

Do not underestimate the amazing fun that is playing with your friends, killing your friends, & making new friends online while killing things.

I have more than double the playing time in L4D than i do in UT3.
It's not because UT3 is bad...it's just L4D is a ton of fun.

Last edited:

Dogger

Oct 4, 2004
with graphics comparable to those of UT2003, which had most of its graphics made back in early 2001.

A game isnt outdated graphicly just because it does not have neon glows on all the objects with DoF plasterd up to the eyeballs. In fact UT3 looks messy to me more then appreciable.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
L4D looks way better than any game made in 2001 I've ever seen. Maybe you meant something more along the lines of 2004/2005?

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
L4D looks way better than any game made in 2001 I've ever seen. Maybe you meant something more along the lines of 2004/2005?
I'm comparing it to UT2004, which had the same graphics as UT2003, which in turn had pretty much the same graphics as UC1, which was released in 2002 so most of it should have been made in 2001, hence the date.

A game isnt outdated graphicly just because it does not have neon glows on all the objects with DoF plasterd up to the eyeballs. In fact UT3 looks messy to me more then appreciable.
Nobody asks you to play with DoF/Bloom. I like having it off, too.

And pretty much the best kind of co-op ever.

Do not underestimate the amazing fun that is playing with your friends, killing your friends, & making new friends online while killing things.

I have more than double the playing time in L4D than i do in UT3.
It's not because UT3 is bad...it's just L4D is a ton of fun.
I hear that a lot, but what actually makes it fun? How come L4D co-op is better than UT3 campaign co-op or UT2004 Invasion or U1's co-op?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I'm comparing it to UT2004, which had the same graphics as UT2003, which in turn had pretty much the same graphics as UC1, which was released in 2002 so most of it should have been made in 2001, hence the date.
I think you're heading off in the wrong direction there, mang.