UT3 Bonus Pack 1 RELEASED!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
Maps look great! \o/ Sniping on Facing is always fun.

I'm amazed that El Muerte found a serious bug after two hours this news post was made. How did this ever get past debugging? :confused:
The maps don't have a description or preview screens. I have a strong feeling this BP was rushed. :hmm:

Six Ways

Third Contingent
Jan 23, 2006
L'Hotel FAB
3c.ddfd.net
Good thing they didn't say 'When it's done' for this, or we'd be even more pissed....

Nice of them to supply bonus content so quickly, but in this state? And only 3 maps? Hmph.

Also, slightly irrelevant, but I don't like the 'spiritual' thing in the description of searchlight - they previously said that the Necris process has 'no spiritual component' so wtf is that?

Apr 11, 2006
also, notice how none of the maps have a preview screenshot.

Funny, considering CTF-Searchlight already had a preview screenshot before the level was released. I don't know if editing the ini would cause problems online, but assuming it doesn't, you can always point the ini towards the preexisting screenshot (it's in one of the UI packages, I forget which exactly).

Retodon8

Sheep happens!
Jan 21, 2004
Netherlands
retodon8.net
Also, slightly irrelevant, but I don't like the 'spiritual' thing in the description of searchlight - they previously said that the Necris process has 'no spiritual component' so wtf is that?

Uh... when???
They mention spiritual stuff a number of times, say the Necris are even some kind of religious.
This is right in line with what they've been saying the entire time.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
ah I know what this is .... Epic's idea of an April fools' joke

:lol:

Six Ways

Third Contingent
Jan 23, 2006
L'Hotel FAB
3c.ddfd.net
Uh... when???
They mention spiritual stuff a number of times, say the Necris are even some kind of religious.
This is right in line with what they've been saying the entire time.

No, this time they say (and I quote) "The spiritual components of the Necris conversion are greatly misunderstood, and their power is vastly underestimated."

Which is directly contradicting what they said before.

Previously they said the conversion itself had no spiritual component, but that a religion had grown up around it.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Free maps are always good... but only 3??? I remember the good ole days when bonus packs featured that many for ONE gametype.