DM-TwilightUT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Most of you should know the DM-Twilight from Fusion Map Pack :) In short, it's a nali city themed map with some traps. I've converted it to Unreal Tournament and added enhanced bot support, a well as a Redeemer in one trap and the lighting is somewhat different. Maybe will explain more later. Enjoy and don't forget to leave comments :)
http://www.zen37847.zen.co.uk/UT/DM-TwilightUT.zip

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
New link: http://upload66.com/file/16273/DM-TwilightUT-zip.html
Updated with a somewhat better Readme and added a screenshot of the map in Map Browser. Not too much of updates, but it wasn't full without it. The screenshot is of bad quality, how do you make normal ones? Though it's better to update to this, just to make sure you don't get version mismatches ;)

Glad you like it, going to upload to NaliCity as well, but they are not fast in putting in the maps.
EDIT: Timeout forever again. Going to e-mail them...

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Traps in Twilight? The only one I remember is the lava pit.

More hazards were present in the Unreal Beta, in maps called DM-Sky11 and DM-Sky12. Did you port them in this conversion?

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
No, there's another one, originally killing those who try to pick up the shieldbelt #1 (bad idea, when there's another one just on the 2nd floor). There are spikes. But quite hard to kill people there, spikes are thin.
And thanks Iron :) That's the latest version, right?

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Dude there are already ut classic packs for this.
Twillight has also the shieldbelt trap like the beta sky maps apart from the lava one.

Leonardo

Old fart on top the mountain.....
Up picked up myself and test played it. Nice Flow, loved the redeemer "Garlic press" trap/trigger. That was nice touch, I liked the lava pit had fun dumping the bots in on it. One them even caught me and tricked me into it. Man that was surpising. But overall a very cool map overall. Definitely fragging madness.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Leo, they are quite not changed. Just the weapons. I added translocating, fixed paths, bots now activate traps, plus zones etc. It's really more. Do you know how horrible paths are in the default U1 maps? Uuuurgh, better not turn on "view paths" in the 3D browser...
Yeap Iron, that's the last version.

Thanks Leonardo :)

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Dude there are already ut classic packs for this.
Twillight has also the shieldbelt trap like the beta sky maps apart from the lava one.

Yeah, same here. The bots worked already nicely in that version.
Although I'll try this one to get some forgotten experiences from the beta version.

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
They did, but how it is fun to trigger a trap and not fall in it yourself? And you can't get away from the bots easily now as well as have a Redeemer. And the zone names are good for checking where the action is.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Lol, that was quite not what I meant, I mean, is it fun to kill bots and never die from the trap yourself? (triggered by others that is.) That's why translocator practise is for - use it to take the armour+Big Keg without any danger :) But it's hard to get it right... Plus there is always something behind you to kill you when you take out the Translocator :)

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Leo, they are quite not changed. Just the weapons. I added translocating, fixed paths, bots now activate traps, plus zones etc. It's really more. Do you know how horrible paths are in the default U1 maps? Uuuurgh, better not turn on "view paths" in the 3D browser...
Yeap Iron, that's the last version.

Thanks Leonardo :)
Yes I know, unfortunatelly scrag didn't fix the bot paths enough wall, not at least to quality of utcp2 and 3.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Thanks.

It looks very nice in its current incarnation (it always looked nice) but still suffers a bit from being too big and spread out. Poor time to spectacle! :)

It certainly brought back the memories. We used to play that map a lot in Unreal - 2 humans and 6 bots and the PC was groaning.

At the time, the map was too big to support the necessary player load on listen servers. Nowadays, it can be run with satisfactory player numbers.

Not that I'm greedy or anything but which map is next? :)

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Already made DM-ArizaUT. No zone defining though, as there are quite none there, but translocator/jumpboots use and path problems fixed, plus the weapons of course. And it would be nice to get the enhanced DM-Rankin hosted somewhere. It makes bots use the ramps, weapons are in normal height, the water in the flak room is now showing on the floor, paths fixed, sounds added, fixed creaking when stepping on planks etc.

gades

The Grudge Master!
Nov 20, 2004
Behind you biatch!!
Funny someone mentions this map. Cause I was fooling around in the original map adding better bot pathing. I got bots dropping off ledges, jumping out windows. I had bots drop down to the lower level in the amp room. Gave the lava ambient sound, Phantom for the music, etc.

Really, I'm surprised this map wasn't redone sooner. All the other fusion maps got sequels that shipped in bonus packs....

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Yeap, that's true. You could add those enhancements here as well then :) And then we would have even a better version. But All Hallows Sunset track really fits the map more.