i can't install a map

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Spacekiller

Jan 10, 2004
does somebody know how to install a map cause when i try to unzipt it i get a map with 3 pictograms in it( i tried bedroom Deathmatch level) then i put the pictogram with the unreal logo in maps and launched unreal then start practice and selected level bedroom, i click start then it says "failed launcing URL can't find file for package 'bed' ".

If you know what i have to do please help me

greets Tim(Spacekiller)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Ok here's what you do:

the files with the following extensions need to be placed in the corresponding folders in your ut dir:

.unr files in the maps folder
.utx files in the textures folder
.u and .int files in the system folder
.uax in the sounds folder
.umx in the music folder

Check the zip file again. Maybe bed is an .utx file.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Well that sucks :-/

Try this site for finding a texture file with the name "bed".

utcms

Good site. If you ever download another map with a missing file, it's very possible you'll find it on that site.

hexen1

Feb 15, 2004
I am also having problems with a Lost Texture File.Anybody know where I can get mylevel.utx at for Unreal Tournamet Game of the Year Edtion.Or a MAP that has it in it.I tried a search for it on that UTCMS site and nothing.Thanks.

milb

****** from Teen Arts
Feb 12, 2004
Germany
www.milb-maps.net
Ehm, yes! myLevel isn't a real package, this package is saved in the mapfile. I think the author of the map has made a mistake. That is one thing you should attend: Never save the package myLevel!
P.S. You'll never find this package! I could search for a update of the map, where this failure is fixed.
P.S. Or should it be a joke?

hexen1

Feb 15, 2004
MILB but some of the maps for Unreal Tournamet Game of the Year Edition I get an ERROR that says its missing the mylevel.utx file after I download it and try opening it up and playing it.Help thanks.

milb

****** from Teen Arts
Feb 12, 2004
Germany
www.milb-maps.net
I think that nearly all map-athors know how to use the myLevel-package. Like I said. The myLevel-Package isn't actually a real .utx package. It's saved in the mapfile. I think you have no chance to get this package.
I think your UT has any problems. Try to reinstall UT. Maybe that is a problem with the game and not with the map.

And nearly every map has this package, open the ED go to the texturbrowser and you will see. In every map this package is diffrent.