The game you'd most like to see made into a movie

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
[GU]elmur_fud;2516617 said:
Stop. Just stop. You sir are an imbecile. I made a joking stab at your comments structure, meaning, and tone considering your profession. Apparently you can't take it. :con:

Oh and read a dictionary.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/wow

–interjection
(an exclamation of surprise, wonder, pleasure, or the like): Wow! Look at that!

Hmmmmm the similarities are uncanny to:

Except one looks formatted properly and the other looks like it was written by a 14 year old girl.

Indeed I did mis-site the MLA but I also mentioned it has been a long time since I have had an occasion to employ much of a knowledge of it. What is your excuse?

I don't feel embarrassed. I see no reason to be such. I understand rhetoric perfectly, what baffles me though is how I was commenting on your comment specifically not on the argument between you and Igoy and that is apparently a completely alien concept to you. I am a bit annoyed at what seems to be excessively vehement post so I will format mine similarly. I am also saddened that you are apparently what passes an instrument of public education. No wonder it is total crap.

That's funny, I thought you said:

[GU]elmur_fud;2516514 said:
That is all fine and dandy. However, I just was poking fun at your picking on her grammar whilst having such obvious grammatical flaws of your own.

You see, you misunderstood what was being said and thought I criticized her for not including a pronoun and then got pissy about my starting a sentence lower case. Let's go over this again. I never criticized Igoy for grammar, you thought that I did, because you had misunderstood the point.

When challenged you said:

[GU]elmur_fud;2516607 said:
Well let me explain something to you. That is all blatantly obvious. However in stating it the manner he did it was also a grammatical argument. It doesn't matter how he meant it or what the back-story is, it is still a grammatical argument. In a sense your comments make it further a grammatical argument. by describing the orrigonal grammatical tiff that spawned his grammatical attack. :p

So even when you have been corrected, you are so intent on maintaining your own feeling of rightness that you start getting strange. How was making a joke about her hating pronouns making it a supposed grammatical argument? I had not referenced grammar at all, nor criticized anyone's grammar, and since grammar is simply the sentence mechanics employed in rhetoric, it would be a rhetorical argument.

But no, even though you employed grammar to mean rhetoric, you understand rhetoric perfectly. And even though I never attacked anything in Igoy's post as being grammatically incorrect, all my posts were about grammar?

Congratulations on reading a dictionary though. How about after that, though you say, hmm, this word is identified as an interjection. Do interjections always have an exclamation point after they are uttered? No, they don't. Sometimes it is followed by an exclamation
"Well! That's great!"
sometimes not
"Well, don't worry."
It all depends on aesthetics and intentions and singular examples given do not dictate the language. But thanks.

So again: I don't randomly point out grammatical errors in people's forum posts because it's a FORUM, not an international grammar symposium. Likewise, I also make random grammatical errors in my own posts. You know, the forum thing. When it turns out you misunderstood something, smile, shake your head and move on. Don't invent more and more ridiculous arguments to try and justify your obviously incorrect position. It's okay, everyone makes mistakes. Just own up to it.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
I'd like to see the game of grammatical dueling between Dragonfliet and Elmur_Fud to be turned into a movie, preferably directed by Scorcese, or Edgar Wright.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
dudes i am a grammar nazi with a degree in english teach i would like to tell you that i use propergramma in every day sattings however i cannot do this please feel free to pick apart my post here because it is clearly more entertaining than discsunig the corrent catpic,, lol:mad:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
E_T__106.jpg

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
As for left 4 dead...

Bill could be sean connery?
Francis ...that big from X-men 3? Nah...
Zoey .. olivia wilde would be nice.
Louis maybe Will smith...

I don't know :p

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
... blah blah blah typical teacher mentality can't grasp what you are saying so it must be wrong blah blah blah...

I picked on 1 post and 1 post only. I did so in the context of you being an English teacher. NOT the context of the conversation at hand. If taken singularly as I did, your post appears to be grammer centered.

Shouldn't that be 'Get stuffed!'?

Obviously. Would you like a cookie?

Wolfenstien

Rise of the Triad

Devil May Cry - maybe

Fester's Quest anyone? (Yeah yeah I know Adams Family.)

I would say a Prey movie but that is what Cowboys and Aliens look like... sorta.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
dudes i am a grammar nazi with a degree in english teach i would like to tell you that i use propergramma in every day sattings however i cannot do this please feel free to pick apart my post here because it is clearly more entertaining than discsunig the corrent catpic,, lol:mad:
Fud must have missed this or else his head would have exploded,, lol:mad: