UE3 - UT3 Shadow map textures.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Forgetful

Here is party?
Sep 21, 2003
Winnipeg, Canada
Visit site
Quick question...

Can you access shadow map textures at run time?

If so could someone point me in a good starting place?

My idea was to have a flash light project a volume that alpha masked the pixels of the particular surface's shadow texture it was crossing. This way baked shadows could still be affected by dynamically moving lights.

The brighter the light value the greater the opacity of the masking.

I think this is an idea worth digging into.. unless I'm just nuts, in which case, please tell me so.

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
I seriously doubt there's anyway to grab them in code. even if you could then manipulating them in realtime with script would be too slow.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
You'd probably be better off casting a ray out of your torch and calculating a radius based on distance, then having that act as a circular mask and artificially lightening your materials by 'adding' to the baked light map.