JB-ItCameFromOuterSpace

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
It was actually inspired by an old Unreal1 map (who's name escapes me atm), which was, in turn, inspired by Quake 1. :)

*Edit* That map was DM-Sanctum for all you old timers here ;)

Last edited:

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
I had an effect in mind for the cameras. I didn't want to use a TV-style mesh or whatever. It's all been done before so I figured I'd try projecting an image onto an emitter (a bit like shining a light onto the surface of a waterfall) and, with thanks to Jrubzjeknf for finding a Wiki link, I've done it :)

WIP of course :)

Rob

Hole in one!
Nov 19, 2002
France
Visit site
I would have expected the dolmens to be actually jail "doors". Don't you fear traffic-jams & telefrags with only one exit ?

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
Well, it's now a playable Jailbreak map. But, yikes, there's a lot of rough edges to smooth :)

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
RevBillyG said:
Jail 2 Started. I've included that FPS just to upset Gen Lecter ;)

Looking awesome! :tup:
Are 200FPS considered good nowadays? :p Looks like a good sign for me... :)
/expects +30FPS \o/

Played a bit the VCTF alpha, but I'll wait to see the new one to post anything... :D

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
Not strictly speaking true Tarq. Sorry, can't remember exactly why, something about the way that computer images are displayed as opposed to films.

Anyways, the framerates are comparable to Crusher3 overall at the moment with 8 bots.

Birelli

meh...
Oct 14, 2001
Syracuse, NY
That's true tarq, but the problem is if you can achieve reasonable frame rates with 5 v 5, and then it gets played 8 v 8 and a redeemer goes off with 6 rockets on the screen, your computer dies. Well, not really, but having a nice FPS buffer I've found to be very helpful, I didn't realize it was important until last year when I got a new computer and games just started being so much more fluid and easier to play.

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
An arena. You may have noticed there's now 3 different skyboxes in this map :rockon:

Things to to:
Redo the release portals.
Add cameras.
Make the executions.
Optimise.
Generally tidy up the crappy bits.
Optimise more.
Redo pickup positions.
Lighting stuff.
etc etc