Who would be interested in...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wolf Blackstar

That other Wing Commander guy
Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
Though not an RPG fan, I'm always interested in seeing what the Unreal/UT editing community is capable of.

Would this be strictly a remake of the RPG, or would we be seeing some new features? SP-only, or massively multiplayer?

Also, you'd have to switch from sprites to 3D models, but I think the Unreal monster models can be re-skinned quite nicely. That is, unless you already have a modeller on your hands. :)

BTW, I know that game used the Xngine, which was also featured in Terminator:Future Shock and SkyNET, two of my favorite games.

bullet2.gif

-Wolf Blackstar

"A chainsaw! find some meat!"
PuF: Bring on the pain!

Aridale N. Belmont

Nov 9, 1999
www.hexenworld.com
Yuup it was Xgine. And yes it would be just as much like the RPG as it could possibly get without being able to get access to the actual coding of Dagger Fall and I agree the reskinning idea. Some of the stuff from WoT would work really well as well. Yes itd have to be mdls writing a sprite based code for it would be entirely more trouble than its worth. And YES of COURSE it'd be massive MP. Thatd really be the whole point. Maybe MP only with no real SP version till it gets some responce and popularity. Then ppl could mod in they're fav mission from the game and release it for SP play. The hardest part as I can see is making your own custom class like in the game and working it all out.

Ari

titanus

Mr. Flak Smiley
Mar 23, 2000
Singapore, Malaysia
Visit site
I was kinda wondering..if you use Unreal Engine..and let's say you use the behindview command...and while you are changing clothes you will be nude rite? :)

hahaha...what a laugh when ppl will start taking screenshots...

bullet2.gif

" Repeat after me...I'll never, ever take on a god again." - Rugal B.