Dm DarkStone-Keep for Unreal Tournament

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dugz Maps

Jul 20, 2008
Adelaide Australia
This is a map that I did a long while back and have since revisited to rework some areas of map flow and game play plus a slight change in atmosphere and additional detail.
http://www.adam.com.au/dougjodie/DmDarkStone-Keep-UT.zip
Thanks to the guys at Old Unreal for there input realizing the the maps full potential.
It is a castle type map on a number of vertical levels giving an always interesting 3D approach to combat.

DarkStone-Keep.jpg

DarkStone-Keep-01.jpg

Dugz Maps

Jul 20, 2008
Adelaide Australia
I didn't even know that,any idea where I can find this map pack?

If it is its predecessor it would be called Devil's Lair2 and where there is Lava in this map there would be a pool of Devil Fish in the original, hence Devil in the title.

The Devil Fish didn't work as well as I hoped in the map and were not a very strong part of the over all theme so they got the flick.

The main thing I always liked about this map is that there is so much packed into a relatively small area and that there are so many ways to shortcut to where you want to go.

My main motivation for revisiting the map was to improve freeing up movement around the map by making some paths wider and Stairs/ramps more direct.
With some test play input from Old Unreal the changes increased to more decorative use of textures and a greater variety of weapons.

Try it out with 8-10 bots and enjoy the carnage.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Any link for (updated) utcp2? There was updated version which got lost too, you should contact lightninghunter as he converted the map.

Dugz Maps

Jul 20, 2008
Adelaide Australia
Thanks for getting back Lightning Hunter.
I'm flattered that 2 of my maps would get into a map pack.

Downloaded the pack.

Nice work on the revised bot paths and the changes in power ups it plays very well like that,definitely an improvement.
Its good confirmation that we both made the most changes in the pool area.

I've been out of the scene for quite a while now.Did a couple of maps after this one,then moved on to learning 3D CAD drawing.
After newer versions of UT can out I didn't think there was still interest in Unreal and Tournament.
Recently I stumbled onto the "Old Unreal" web site dedicated to old map editing so I thought I would sharpen my rusty editing skills by doing some revisions to Devils Lair2 that I had in the back of my mind for some time.
The result I feel is more player friendly in terms of navigation and nicer to look at.