Installing new maps

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cobblepot

Dec 16, 2005
Most maps come with this instruction:

Extract DM-FlatWars.ut3 and DM-FlatWars.ini to "My Documents/My Games/Unreal Tournament 3/UTGame/Published/CookedPC/CustomMaps".

But I don't have a map called "CustomMaps" in my directory.
Where do all the files go?

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
ut3path.jpg

NedroidicusPrime

Walking Contradiction
Jan 25, 2008
C-Bus, USA
Doesn't the location change if you use the -nohomedir option to fix the cd-key issue?

I don't use it, but figured the info would be good to have up here

Cobblepot

Dec 16, 2005
I have the retail version btw.

Kal976, as u can see here I really don't have that map. I tried creating it once but that didn't work either.
This is all that's in the CookedPC map.

naamloosyc5.jpg

DocB

Where does it hurt?
Apr 28, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Also I've found out that you can create additional folders inside CustomMaps for all your maps. For example ...\CustomMaps\CTF\CTF-BuckarooBanzai\BuckarooBanzai.ut3. I've organized my CustomMaps folder by all the game types with each map and its associated files in a map named folder. Makes it easy to delete custom maps or betas as needed. This works in Wxp and I presume in (hasta la) Vista (baby) as well.

Last edited:

MrMan

Jan 19, 2008
I run vista and I just put all my map file into my CustomMaps folder no biggie!!