Mass Effect Appearance at E3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Mass Effect, the new XBox360 title in development from RPG guru Bioware, is already getting some buzz early into E3, even with Halo 3 and Gears of War on everybody's lips.

IGN was given a demonstration Tuesday and have posted their early impressions on the game:
Most impressive was the game's map system, which displays a gigantic galaxy. With a button press, a star cluster was zoomed in on, then a solar system, and finally the surface of the planet. This ease of access across an incredibly wide range of space underlines Mass Effect's emphasis on letting players explore wherever they please. Maybe one solar system contains the husk of a broken ship floating in orbit, or a long abandoned meteor, or some other point of interest. More can be added via downloads over Xbox Live, though BioWare didn't mention exactly what would be available.
Also of interest, Bioware is not planning a wide release of a demo for Mass Effect at this time. Neither did they reveal a lot of information about the combat system... yet.

WorthPlaying has posted some beautiful screens:

Caravaggio

Custom User Text goes here.
Oct 2, 2002
US
Visit site
I thought the alien was good but that 3rd shot on worthplaying is friggin orange chocolate.

Hate to say it, but when I come back to look at the new ut shots for a 5th time, I might make a pit stop at that news post first.