What's the best game under $20 you've ever bought?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Originally posted by PainAmplifier

Shogo+Septerra Core two pack ~$12

Shogo came with Septerra Core? :con:

:lol:

Must be a Monolith thing or something. Anyways, that game's so underrated and unknown it's cool to run into other people who've actually played it!

Xirv0

Green Wibbly Thing
Sep 13, 2000
Over there--->
Visit site
SiN - $15
System Shock 2 - $10
Deus Ex - $10
Serious Sam - $20
Dungeon Keeper 2 - $6
Septerra Core - $7
Heretic 2 - $5
Battlezone 2 - $5
....amongst a few others :con: :D

PainAmplifier

Evil by Example
Originally posted by Pineconeboy

Shogo came with Septerra Core? :con:

:lol:

Must be a Monolith thing or something. Anyways, that game's so underrated and unknown it's cool to run into other people who've actually played it!

Actually it looks like a distributor thing...I have seen the following in roughly the same cardboard origami foldover two packs...

Fallout 1&2
Shogo + Septerra core
Dungeon Keeper 1 &2
Rage of mages 1&2
Die By the Sword + Mission pack
D&D Gold Box Collection (13 DOS games Eye of Beholder1-3 etc...)
Messenger + ?Frankenstein? (Two adventure games is the most I recall about that pack)

And maybe one or two crappy others I can't be bothered to remember at the moment. I've also seen a few other compilation boxes with 2 to 4 games each going for $10-$15. And they are decent collections two. Your old genesis broke? The Sonic 4 pack for $15 should hit the spot! Sin+Battlezone2+Heretic2 again $15. Heck there's even a Age of Wonders + Darkstone + (Can't remeber the last title) for $15! Anachronix, Deus Ex, and Gunman Chronicles $10-$15 each!

There are a LOT of not so old games going CHEAP right now. I CANT KEEP UP! Hell I have a bunch of games I bought when new for full price that I haven't finished yet. (Throne of Darkness, RtCW, etc...Damn you Wizardry8!)

Best thing is, most of these decent and cheap games is that they don't take monster systems to run. Ah, its a good time to be a gamer.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Agreed. :tup:

By the same token, it's a bad time to be in college and have to study......;)

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
Originally posted by ViperXL
ILG:

Check your settings... how are you rendering it? OpenGL? Direct3D?

And, do you know your Motherboard Chip set? I upgraded my chipset and AGP drivers and my FPS in D3D went up by about 30fps

ok Viper I have a Via KT266A running on XP which is keeping me from downloading any new drivers for it

and I already have SS2 never doubted buying it either, it's one of the best games I've played in recent memory

Arilakon

Dec 4, 2001
I forgot.
i would have bought serious sam ages ago IF it was cheap over here. its like $70 here in australia (roughly $35 US)!! and its been out for ages too.

Lynxx

Jul 2, 2000
Visit site
Originally posted by ILoveGuns
oh yea I have Serious Sam too, really havent played it sine it also runs like crap a lot on my 1.33ghz Thunderbird

wow, sumthin is way off there I'd say. I ran the game at 1280x960 OpenGL with everything on (I think) with no problem at all. and I just have a 1.2G Tbird with a GF2 32MB card. my main board has some oc'ed ddr memory but I really don't know how or if that affects gaming. I can tell ya tho that the game is eye popping gorgeous.

oh--w98se.

Iceblade

Fragged Lurker
Mar 14, 2001
Visit site
Best games I bought for under $20 USD...

Unreal Tournament GOTYe: $19.99
Shogo: Mobile Armor Division: $9.99
Quake II: $9.99
Sonic CD: $9.99
Sega Smash Pack Vol. 1 (Outrun, Phantasy Star II, Sonic Spinball, Golden Axe, Vectorman, Revenge of Shinobi / Super Shinobi, Columns): $9.99
Sega Puzzle Pack (Lose Your Marbles, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine / Puyo Puyo, Columns III): $9.99
Mechwarrior II: $9.99

That's about all I can really remember.