Mortal Kombat FPS?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harkonis

Dec 2, 1999
Visit site
I'd like to start off by saying this isn't a negative comment at all, at least not for me. To me, UT has a Mortal Kombat feel to it. From the look of the Gibs to the coloring, to (most influential) the MK style voice overs. It just feels like a 16 player 1st Person MK match, this gets my adrenaline running just like MK did when I first did a Fatality in the arcade. I've always played Quake and Q2, and avoided Unreal, even bad mouthing it on occasion (though I hadn't even played it).

I bought UT and was pleasantly surprised. I'll still get Q3 and I really don't understand the whole "my game is better than yours" comment line. Though they are competing products, we, the consumers, win either way, because we can get both and play both. They are completly different styles of play, and that makes them both attractive to me.

I just hope someone makes an action style realism mod. Not necesarily like action, but I like the realism is more philosophy. you CAN merge realism with the futuristic weaponry and STILL have fun. Though some people obviously feel realism is at the expense of fun, it helps me enjoy things.

On another note, is there anyone else who enjoys the feeling of trying to stay alive at all costs? I often find myself with like 20-1 kills to deaths, though I lose to someone who has 50-60 and this bugs me. I realize the emphasis is on frags and fast paced fun, but I like to feel hunted and actually be afraid of dying, this just increases the adrenaline rush for me. I don't camp at spawn points or even in armor/health/weapon super rooms, though I do "snipe" by hiding in corners or on rafters and plugging people. I know people hate this, but that's what the sniper rifle and head shots are for. It takes skill to snipe, it doesn't to camp spawn points.

Oh well, I have more to say but I've already touched on too many topics and made this too long. Sorry if this stirs up too much controversy, but I feel I can validly(sp) back up any of my views, and I do realize that others have opinions too and they may differ.

Thanx for reading this far.

Harkonis

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
Maybe someone can make a Mortal Kombat TC for UT? Hehe Sub Zero vs. Scorpion 1-on-1 would be kewl IMO. "COME 'ERE!" *BOOM!* /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

I think you're right about sniping. To snipe you need aim, you need to know how much zoom to use and you need to know when to squeeze the trigger. Camping is just standing there with a RL and going *blam* *blam* *blam*.

lipton

Nov 21, 1999
asheville nc usa
Visit site
Q3 has the same mortal kombat voices too! *laugh* and i agree with you on the trying not to die thing .. it's cool to finish a match without dying * and without being last too! * theres this one guy that plays on our lan who uses that tactic, adn actually does well.peopel dont really use defence that much, try playing last man standing and you'll see alot more of this .. i just wish you could mix the gameplay styles .. like last man ctf? ...
oh eyah and if you want real world weapons .. theres a mutator out there that replaces all of the weapons with real world ones .. and it's really fun *hard too! *

Status
Not open for further replies.