COD: MW2 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I always considered pubs as these "places you hang out" from your favorites.

or a bunch of friends team up to pwn together.

One of them will eat it hard. Most of the times I've been doing large parties, a few of us would have terrible ping. Versus decent players, 3 bars is nearly unacceptable.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Exploit or not.. you guys want a grief fest? Get the Carepackage in your hand, using Marathon/Lightweight/Commando it makes pretty much everyone in-game cry out loud. I'm seriously thinking about recoding it, but Fraps records the audio out of sync, and there's no way to demorec. D:

I went 47-6 in one game only using melee kills (and Harrier), and 3:1/2:1 in pretty much every other games I've played, only running around, "knifing" people. Granted, they weren't all that good, but the thing really provides an extra speed boost. And I do believe that it works like a tac knife attachment, too. So you don't need tac's anymore.

I also recall getting 10 melee kills in less than 14 seconds and around. It was hilarious. There's just no way I'm turning around until they fix it. If they ever do. Also, nukes are completely out of the question, they just ruin the fun when you drop it on them.

In case anyone is interested, this is what I use.

[screenshot]http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/6799/mw2setup.jpg[/screenshot]

SMG/Snipers provide faster movement to your class. So you'll want that too. Don't use a assault rifle as it doesn't benefit from full speed.
I'm thinking about replacing the RPG for a JAV. The thing is more useful with DangerClose.

Last edited:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Ok.

So.. you guys want a grief fest? Get the Carepackage ready, using Marathon/Lightweight/Commando it makes pretty much everyone in-game cry out loud. I'm seriously thinking about recoding it, but Fraps records the audio out of sync, and there's no way to demorec. D:

I went 47-6 in one game only using melee kills (and Harrier), and 3:1 in pretty much every other games i've played, only running around, "knifing" people. Granted, they weren't all that good, but the thing really provides an extra speed boost. And I do believe that it works like a tac knife attachment, too. So you don't need tac's anymore.

I also recall getting 10 melee kills in less than 14 seconds and around. It was hilarious. There's just no way I'm turning around until they fix it. If they ever do. Also, nukes are completely out of the question, they just ruin the fun when you drop it on them.

What? Carepackage ready?

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
It happened on a few other games.

The amount of hate I'm getting is astounding for using that set. A lot of people complain about the "CareKnifing" "Glitch" when really, I do feel like it's exactly the same as TAC knife on Handguns, but with a little running speed boost.

There's that guy who said he reported me, he's completely confident that I'll get VAC banned.

There's real botters out there, and people using texture hacks/by passing VAC, that thing I'm doing is rather easy to counter, the people I've been running into are mostly casual. Against the better opponent type, it was practically suicidal.

Apparently when you melee using the care package, your character crouch whilst walking fast. People are freaking the **** out for barely anything.
Also, it seems as off tonight the 1887 range has been killed down a lot. I noticed.

Last edited:

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
The amount of hate I'm getting is astounding for using that set. A lot of people complain about the "CareKnifing" "Glitch" when really, I do feel like it's exactly the same as TAC knife on Handguns, but with a little running speed boost.

It's annoying as hell when people do that from behind, most the time i can killl them if they come up front, although other times, all my bullets magically miss :(

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
They did reduce the range on the 1887s, so you can stop crying about those now Kantham.

The care package running speed thing is apparently by design? At least Zer0 was saying that was IW's response to it.

I'm definitely getting better at long range throwing knife kills on campers. I nailed some dude who was camping the doorway at the top of the metal stairs in Quarry. It was so satisfying.

This game owns.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Well yeah. Again today I was called a wallhack for running around in Favela only using the carepackage. Apparently I knew where they were without any UAV's.

Some guy said he's 38 and had a decent background in Call of Duty series, that he knew all about cheaters and how to recognize them, and that I clearly was one. He also mentioned that he ran a COD4 server 10th rank worldwide. I told him his server must be crap. :)

Some kid said he got proof of my "wall hacking" after he said "Come find me hacker... you know where I am" when a few seconds later I ran into him, it was obvious that I was hacking!

I think that's the 4th persons who tell me directly that they report me.
How the **** do you report people to VAC anyway? Is that even doable? I highly doubt VAc bans by complains, but rather, undeniable proof?

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I'll tell you what. If this game gets dedicated server the same way they lazy-ported everything to PC, it will be the biggest piece of crap ever (well, not like it already is..). The way the game has started, you simply can't port all this system to servers when everything is balanced for a specific player count. I'm not saying dedicated servers are bad for MW2 (No), but it's clever that a direct port would make it unsustainable, they'd need to remove nukes and other things like that. Or simply find a way to limit people with these short-ass games. No doubt the next day we'd all end up with 50/50p servers full of nukes/CG/AC130's

You'll get banned by server admins for breathing, killing people too much, or when using the chopper gunner/AC130.

Last edited:

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
The way I read this is that crying kiddies can get you banned without any proof?
Because clearly, if someone has 3:1 ratio, he's cheating!!!

No, they need to prove you're using a cheat a shot of a k/d ratio is worthless to VAC, provide them with the .exe or .dll files that a cheat would use and then they can use that to confirm people are cheating, simply people saying they're going to report you for cheating is utter stupidity, VAC doesn't work that way, it's a system that checks for known hacks, if you have one you get banned, if not you don't get banned.