Anyone know {PUF}NIGMA666?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

EvilAsh

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
What's Funny about Saying Damn Jews?

bullet2.gif

Ash:"I said your words..
I got the book so send me back. Like in the deal!

N

NIGMA666

Nothings funny about it!!

but why does it matter that i said it at all?
if im not racist then there really aint a problem!.........i said it so what, i didnt mean it and thats what should matter,GEEZ!

-=666=-

bullet2.gif

"Man who stands on toilet, high on pot"

{PuF}NIGMA666

IGP.PiXel

Nov 10, 1999
members.home.net
That's the point - you think there's a difference between "racial slurs in fun" and "bad slurs" - there's no difference, and saying that there is, is naive and incredibly thoughtless. I have no idea what happened in the game so I can't comment on whatever NIGMA666 said - but the whole tone of the majority of responses is what has offended me.
"if im not racist then there really aint a problem!........." - Don't be ridiculous. How are all the 'faceless' people online meant to know this? Besides, if you're not racist why make any racist comments or jokes at all?!

N

NIGMA666

Its called free speech!
and like i said befor, i was looking to get peoples attention since i was board, and i did!

yeah thats not the best excuse but what else do you want?

as you can see most of my fellow PuF'ers dont think im such a bad person and stand behind me, so i think you should not say anything since you wernt there!

i have a Pic from that game, ill try to find it.........

well im SORRY for the 60th time!

-=666=-

bullet2.gif

{PuF}NIGMA666

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
This whole thing is getting blown WAY out of proportion. It's like someone robbing a grocery store and getting a life sentence. Nigma said what he said, apologised and said he won't say it again. I mean what do you want him to do? Leave the forum? Drop out of playing UT? The way things look, that's not gonna happen.

I sincerely hope that no-one's getting a "righteous" kick out of dragging this thread on and on like this. You are NOT doing the right thing by dragging this though the mud.

All those who keep firing away at Nigma should remember one thing. Someday, somewhere, you'll trip up and say something stupid, someone will inevitably post it on a forum and all this will happen to you. Y'know, "what goes around comes around". It might not be a racial comment, but you'll know how it feels. People make mistakes.

This thread should've been in the Off Topic section anyway, but maybe Smack Daddy just put it here because this section's read by more people and he wanted a little more exposure - a little more limelight. Well hey, your limelight's bulb just got pulled out of it's socket and it's all dark bud.

Why am I defending Nigma so vigorously? Is it because he's a member of Team Capture? No it's because I've played on servers with him, he's a good player, has never said anything like what he said before and doesn't deserve to be admonished like this. If you're hell-bent on pushing this issue, do it in-game with a couple of rockets. This is, after all, a UT forum.

bullet2.gif

"I have the heart of a hockey player, and the soul of a drummer".

Robdog

Feb 11, 2000
Visit site
It strikes me as ironic that you people are getting into an ethics arguement while you play a game where the only goal is to kill the other players. I really don't have any place in this arguement, but as an outsider I'd have to say that the last 9\10 of this entire arguement is completely upsurd. This kinda thing should've blown over long ago. He screwed up, yeah, just like everybody else does, but don't you think he's gotten enough flak for it? I could understand if this were in your workplace or something closer and more personal, but it's the internet folks.

bullet2.gif

"How many a$$holes we got in here anyway?" "YO!!" "Jesus--I'm surrounded by a$$holes! Keep firing, a$$hole!"

Dark Helmet-
Spaceballs

CHRYSt

You can't help that. We're all mad here.
Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
Yawn...Jesus, can't you people find something interesting to argue about? This topic's dead. It better go to the bottom FAST.

bullet2.gif

"Where's the BACTINE?! Some of this blood is MINE!!" -- JTHM

S

Selerox[PuF]

I have to agree with Zaccix on this one. Yes, NIGMA f**ked up, but he apologised. Don't drag this out any longer.

If any forum moderators are reading this, can they please delete this topic.

bullet2.gif

PuF: Fight for the fun of it!!!

Fortune

Feb 11, 2000
Visit site
I agree with pixel. It's the nonchalant tone of everyone's responses that's really bugging me.
'Who cares, we all lose our temper once in a while'.
'So what, there are no ethics in a game of killing'.
Anyone with half a brain knows that racial slurs crosses the line when it comes to 'innocent fun'.
I haven't had the displeasure of playing with the guy but it still bothers me.

D66

Grey Pilgrim
Feb 2, 2000
Gondolin
Visit site
Ok I am I came back and read the whole thread since my last post here a few days ago. Nigma666, I think you honestly apoligised. Thank you. As far as I am concerned I am willing to mark the whole thing up as a Valuable lesson to ALL of us and move on. Sory to have droped a match into the gasoline.

bullet2.gif

Ronnie Mervus will pay for his crimes!!!!
George Lucas, Give us Star Wars DVD! Or I swear I'll kill every ewok there is!!!

Smack Daddy

Jan 14, 2000
Houston, TX
Geez!!! I can't believe this is still going on and I'm the one who originated the topic. Nigma666 e-mailed me and apologized. It seemed sincere, so case closed. It seems odd that so many forum goers are actually dismissive of what he said, concerning the "Damn Jews" comment. But everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Everyone needs to remember though, that the whole point of my posting this in the first place was that this type of behaviour, joking or not, reflects upon the entire forum. I was not looking to be in the "spotlight" as one of the other forum members insinuated. I don't know Nigma666 and was not making a judgement on him personally, just pointing out that he said some foolish things and that it reflects poorly on all of us. So as far as that's concerned it is not Off Topic because it concerns the UT players on this forum.

That said, please let my post be the last one here.

bullet2.gif

Smack Daddy
Ruler of all that I survey...and that ain't much.
Visit my UT website: http://www.smack_daddy.homestead.com

Wendy

Nov 10, 1999
Staten Island, NY
members.xoom.com
can we please let this post reach page 2, so we'll never see it again. Jeez.
Case closed.

(At the time I post this it is only like 4 off the top.)

bullet2.gif

You walk the thin line between glory and despair, soon you shall cross over it.

IGP.PiXel

Nov 10, 1999
members.home.net
c'mon, we've gotta get more pages in this topic than that pesky "See you...See me... online, be a UT PuF-fer!!" topic - it's up to 8 pages....DONT LET THEM WIN!! :p

N

NIGMA666

/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

-=666=-

bullet2.gif

{PuF}NIGMA666