Most Annoying thing about bots

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What is the most annoying thing about bots?

• Their tendency to get as close to you as possible before firing that full auto AK or shotgun thus ki

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • The way they run back and forth going nowhere as fast as possible, never sitting still. (hey, let's

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Their habit of walking right into your line of fire and staying there. It's really great when they w

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • The fact that if you are concealed behind partial cover, lying prone at extreme range and fire at a

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • When one bot calls "contact" and starts firing all the other bots develope X-ray vision, turn that w

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • That way they have of covering you by lagging as far behind you as possible, getting stuck or just i

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
You should have allowed multiple answers. Oh and you forgot:
-They run away (to objectives) as soon as they're spawn. You can't order them to walk instead of run.

But they're ok by me. At least bots are better than in 2.86 days.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Well, the peformance of the bots is very dependant on the pathing that the mappers have done. One of the best pathed maps I've seen is DM-AlpsMorning (incedentally my first RM review) - playing that offline in 2.86 was very fun. I ought to try it out in 2.9.

zeep

Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Crowze said:
Well, the peformance of the bots is very dependant on the pathing that the mappers have done. One of the best pathed maps I've seen is DM-AlpsMorning (incedentally my first RM review) - playing that offline in 2.86 was very fun. I ought to try it out in 2.9.
Thou shalt not mention map without linkage!

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
My two favorite maps for offline play were EnemyAtTheGates and CTF-Fin. The first because wave after wave of bots would constantly try to storm our fort, it made it seem like a real battle instead of a "team deathmatch". CTF-Fin because the bots had alot of room to engage. Sometimes i would see a group of three or so bots, and i would flank around to attack them, and a bot covering them from a bunker would eliminate me! Much fun.

The way they run back and forth going nowhere as fast as possible, never sitting still. (hey, let's play give away our position)
This can easily be fixed by editing the bots personality settings from "normal" to "cautious" and camping from "0.00" to "0.30".

Last edited:

jayhova

Don't hate me because I'm pretty
Feb 19, 2002
Houston Texas
www.flex.net
Derelan said:
This can easily be fixed by editing the bots personality settings from "normal" to "cautious" and camping from "0.00" to "0.30".
Is there a way to do this for all the bots without having to edit every AI? Like a .INI file? Why is this not the way by default?

mat69

just fooling around
Dec 9, 2001
Österreich
www.combatmaps.de
I think the settings he is searching for are in the InfiltrationBotTeams.ini.
So cautious is CombatStyle[***]=-0.500000 (aggressive is 0.5)
and camping is this setting Camping[***]=0.300000

Cunubelin

Absens haeres non erit (Soccerdad)
Sep 19, 1999
Sweden
umm... The Annoying Thing....

I'm sorry for this off topic post but the title of this thread just made me remember THIS .
DO take a moment to check out the movie... It is, ahem, annoying? :lol:

zeep

Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
It would be very cool if someone could program different attack/defend patterns for the bots. And i mean a whole different AI program running beside inf that takes them over completely.
Different strategies for one map. ( or more )
Maybe even a GUI so we can set up our own schemes, and even share them.

Too early to ask santa tho..