UT2kX BR-1-on-1-Oxidise

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
here is my second Map Made for the 1-on-1 Mapping contest.
it is a BR Map made for 2 Players. this is the first version so there might/will be bugs.

Bugs:
none nown

PHP:
Unreal Tournament 2004

=========================================================================================================

Title             :BR-1-on-1-Oxidise
Author            :Sam Kitt
Email Address     :Samk105@yahoo.co.uk
=========================================================================================================
Level Information

Level Name		: BR-1-on-1-Oxidise
Game Type		: Boming Run
Single Player		: Botmatch
Player Count		: 2-4
Custom Meshes		: no
Custom Textures		: yes
Custom Music		: no
Custom Sounds		: no

Editor(s) used		: UnrealEd 3.0, Gimp

Special Thanks          :  To the people at beyondunreal forums, and epic for releasing their game

Installation

Unzip into your UT2004/maps directory

Copyright / Permissions

Authors may NOT use this level as a base to build additional levels
without my written consent.

You are NOT allowed to commercially exploit this level for profit in any way,
including but not limited to, putting it on a CD ROM or any other medium that 
is sold in or out of retail channels, for any amount of money.  You must obtain
written permission from me to exploit this level commercially.

You MAY distribute this level through any electronic network (Internet,
FIDO, local BBS etc.), provided you include this file, leave the archive
intact, and do not charge a fee for access to this file.

UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2004 (c)2004 Epic Games, Inc. UNREAL and the UNREAL logo are registered
trademarks of Epic Megagames, Inc. All Rights Reserved. All other trademarks and trade names are
properties of their respective owners. Unreal Tournament 2004 was created by Epic Games Inc. and Digital Extremes.
Manufactured and marketed by Atari, Inc.New York, NY.
Description

Afar on a distant part of the lava plains on the moon of Pentum, this Arena laid waist for many years. For you see after the Krall where ordered by the Skarrj to wipe out all the Human\SKaarj Experiments. After years of slowly collapsing under the weight of the burning debris, a Liandry scout saw this as an opportunity to use as a Bombing Run match. Welcome to Oxidise.

http://files.filefront.com/BR+1+on+1+Oxidisezip/;13539567;/fileinfo.html
http://unrealtournament2004.filefront.com/file/BR1on1Oxidise;99181

Attachments

• Shot00020.bmp
    384.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Shot00021.bmp
    384.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Shot00025.bmp
    384.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Shot00027.bmp
    384.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Shot00030.bmp
    384.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
ok here are the JPG's

Attachments

• Shot00030.jpg
    Shot00030.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Shot00025.jpg
    Shot00025.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Shot00021.jpg
    Shot00021.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Shot00027.jpg
    Shot00027.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Shot00020.jpg
    Shot00020.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 30

Firefly

United Kingdom is not a country.
OK I had a play and the idea is pretty solid. I really like purpose built industrial arenas but this needs more detail and eye candy around the sides. It feels like a box rather than an arena. Even though it's 1v1 it still needs more space.

That and the physics volume needs to be fixed before it's released.

Looks promising though.

TheIronKnuckle

What the hell is this "ballin" thing?
Ahh yeah, but you need to understand this is purpose-built for the link in my sig. Nice to see submissions still trickling in! I'll edit the otehr thread....
oh hey, i just realised... I don't have much time for reviewing maps or playing with them these days, and you've got a site where you do reviews.... Would you like to be the judge of the maps? The only thing is it wouldn't be using your usual criteria, the marking outline is in the link in my sig. Maybe you could review the maps using your sites schema and then give it a score according to the competitions schema.
Anyway, just throwing the idea out there, in case you'e interested. The competition has no dead line, so submissions are slow but steady. I'm still waiting for the 1 on 1 jailbreak or 1 on 1 assault or 1 on 1 onslaught map. There was one BR map submitted by chaos snake that actually plays quite well, it has super speed mutators enabled and unlimited wall dodging and stuff and the only way to actually score is to wall jump and bounce around the arena. It was very good.

Can't wait to see what this one does differently!

Last edited:

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
weel i have added more Levels for a deeper level of play and now there are two goals for either Teams and you have to go to the enimy sides to trigger the doors to open so you can accses it.

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
piccys

Attachments

• RS_Shot00020.jpg
    RS_Shot00020.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 10
  • RS_Shot00017.jpg
    RS_Shot00017.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 10