Need help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Echolipse

May 14, 2009
I am currently working on a college project using Unreal Editor for 2004. I have a couple quick questions and I would be greatly appreciative if anyone can lend some assistance.

First off, im trying to figure out a way to change the NPC status from neutral (not against you in general) to enemy using a trigger.

Second, I'm trying to add in a message using a trigger. Tried a few different things and still won't work.

Again any assistance would be great. Thanx in advance.

Median12

Mapper
Sep 18, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
You have to Script the xpawn using AI script .

I am not sure about Friendly to Enemy though, I use OSMT pawns for that. Type UT2004 OSMT in Google to download them.

They use (OSMT pawns) triggers independently, where your there or not.. well depends how they feel at the time! So I use an invisible Mover thats triggered by you in whichever place you are to block the trigger etc and allow them to use the Trigger near them later on or just add Movement to your actually trigger so it's not there until triggered lol, if you know what I mean.

I remember using xpawns only sent a player into your game. I also remember a list in one of the pawn properties offering "Follow/Friendly/Ignore/Hate" etc but i don't think thats an xpawn.

Download OSMT and you'll have so much control over pawns (NPC's).

They will be *Friendly* if you use that attribute until you shoot them. You can also AlarmTrigger them so if you shoot one then the rest you AlarmTriggerid will hate you too.

I hope that helped.

note: xpawns or standard out-the-box NPC's are so hard to make independent......as in Guard places and stuff... you really have to AI script them.

I am making a Singleplayer UT2004 at the moment and had the same problem.

Using Triggers and that for NPC is quite easy once you get into it. I don't script them anymore because that took so much time and if you got only one thing wrong they are a nightmare to sort out.

OSMT wander about until you appear and guard certain areas, even follow certain routes and that so depends on your attribute for their properties.

Adding Message is easy, its at the bottom of the Trigger Properties "Message" I think it's called. You can just walk over the Trigger and the Message will appear. AI script a Message otherwise like when your original Event happened then the AI script will add your message (wait for event).

Last edited: