REQUEST: Autopause?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nosnos

Nali
Jan 6, 2003
Stockholm
www.unrealnorth.com
Hi,

I'm working for a UT2003 1on1 Online League called Scandinavian Open and we have been looking for a autopausescript for UT2003, without any success... I guess you all know how it should work, but I'll explain it anyways ;)

2 players enter a match, it starts, if one player gets disconnected for one reason or another the game autopauses... If the player reconnects it starts from right were they left off, if he doesnt reconnect in a configurable amount of minutes the game starts without that player ie a forfeit... oh and an admin should be able to make the game start again too...

How hard would this be to make? I'm not a coder myself but if any of you guys would like to make such a mut it would be great because the community really needs it...

Tremor_

Jul 16, 2003
Visit site
you could learn a lot from the autopause serveractor for UT1

if tournamentmode is on, every tick/seconds/x seconds you are going to count the number of players on the server, if a player drops, you change put the server on pause, when the player reconnects, you check if the player limit is reached (it could be that 2 players dropped)

so when everyone is back, you initiate a countdown, and you unpause when the countdown reaches 0

(i can't help you with coding, because i don't have ut2003, i only have ut1 :) )

Nosnos

Nali
Jan 6, 2003
Stockholm
www.unrealnorth.com
Well I need it as soon as possible :)

Me and many others have asked for this to be included in TTM... Pakman has said it will be in TTM 3... but that is due for October I think... So it is a couple of months away :(

And I would code it if I knew how but I've never worked with Uscript before and I want it to work so I really dont think I'm the right person to do it...