Need help convincing a design guy to tune down the scope of his project (grudge match subthread)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_EDo

LEFT
Jan 10, 2002
Mychaeel said:
On a personal note... if your lead designer's only area of expertise is being able to make good maps, I'm not sure why he/she is doing the "lead design" job of this mod. Having loads of ideas is a poor qualification for a lead designer if it is not backed up by a good feeling for how to go about implementing those ideas. Tell your lead designer that you, as the coder on the team, wish to work on the mod's design together with him/her on equal footing. (And always expect to change part of the specifications once you learn how to technically approach a certain part of them.)
How about DavidM? He is only a mapper and still a lead designer for DB?
Did he do a poor job (except that he ruined deathball in 1.7)?

DavidM

Designer
Oct 28, 1999
www.muenni.ch
Doc_EDo said:
How about DavidM? He is only a mapper and still a lead designer for DB?
Did he do a poor job (except that he ruined deathball in 1.7)?

I'm only level designer?

I'm lead designer for almost 4 years now...always did more lead design work than mapping work x_X

Doc_EDo

LEFT
Jan 10, 2002
Need help convincing a design guy to tune down the scope of his project (temp)

nickelplate said:
I've expressed my concerns to my teammate. He agreed with me, and accepted to include me in the design process. And we're still friends. Yay.

Your posts were of significant help, thanks a lot.
Glad it helped. ;)

DavidM said:
I'm only level designer?

I'm lead designer for almost 4 years now...always did more lead design work than mapping work x_X
Lead designer? Buhahah, I know n00bs that can't do anything claiming that they are lead designers. You are only a mapper. When you know how to do everything (code, map, model, skin, animate) like I DO, then you'll be able to call yourself a designer.
You goalhanging n00b!!! :lol: :p

Last edited:

Romanov

May 8, 2003
UK
Doc_EDo said:
Glad it helped. ;)

Lead designer? Buhahah, I know n00bs that can't do anything claiming that they are lead designers. You are only a mapper. When you know how to do everything (code, map, model, skin, animate) like I DO, then you'll be able to call yourself a designer.

coool Im a lead designer Ill change my sig now.............*rushes off*

DavidM

Designer
Oct 28, 1999
www.muenni.ch
Doc_EDo said:
Glad it helped. ;)

ehm, you are talking out of your ass :/

"(code, map, model, skin, animate)" <- these things have nothing to do with a lead designer work

kthx

Status
Not open for further replies.