Counter Strike Global Offensive beta

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Well, is anybody playing it? I searched, and I could have sworn there was already a thready but none turned up.

I am playing the beta on my little brother's Steam account, because I have yet to get an invite. His name on there is BcNoffNee5. It's more likely that I'm playing it than him, he's stuck on LoL right now.

But anyways, down to the game. I enjoy it, a lot. I do have a few gripes about some things, but over all, I think it will be an awesome game in the end.

I notice the spread on the M4aa seems to be greater. The recoil is a little different. The bullets go up, but your screen doesn't hardly.

The movement seems a little clunkier. I often have to double tap keys because it doesn't register sometimes. That gets annoying fast.

The new gametypes are fun. Arms race is pretty much just Gun Game like Source had. Demolition is cool. It's pretty much Arms race mixed with normal game, but on maps about 20 feet long. So it's always really quick matches. However, some of the maps for Demolition run like crap on my system, while all the others run great. Sugarcane is the worst.

The incinerator grenades are fun to play with. Makes cutting people off from their pathway nicely. I can see these being used a lot in competitive matches, forcing ones enemy into taking a specific route, then ambush.

Overall, I'm enjoying the hell out of the game.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
There is a lot I hate about this game, but it is a massive improvement over CS:S and CS1.6 so it's kind of worthless to point all of the issues out.

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
I'm not sure why it's being made tbh, other than to bring the graphics more up to date. I know Valve plan on releasing on consoles, so I guess there's some money to be made there.

CS:S/1.6 players aren't all going to jump in and buy it day one.

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
600_415_resize.jpg

Not the best image (from google img search), but that looks way better to me. Sure it doesn't look as good as CryEngine 3, but what do you expect? :)

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Yeah - massive graphical improvement but jesus, I'm so done with this type of game nowadays.
How people keep on playing this year after year I'll never know - I'm just waiting for that new 'special' game that takes this business in a completely different direction - it's out there somewhere.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I don't know, I guess the problem is that by today's standards it looks quite dated. That promotional image looks doctored.

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
I do enjoy the fact that they didn't 'modernize' the game out, ie. by adding Iron sights or fancy equipment.

The base of the gameplay is the same Counter Strike I know and love, but with updated visuals, and a few nice additions.

The promo photo is a little doctored, but the game does look loads better.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I've looked at a few beta videos here and there, I just don't understand why anyone would want to play this and put CS:S away. Because it's exactly the same thing.

And I'm not talking the "Yearly-exactly-the-same-COD" way. But literally EXACTLY the same.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
[m]http://youtu.be/Ida4D2J_riM[/m]
The commentator is hilarious, but I never could get into CS:S, I probably won't bother with this either.