So who's buying Crysis 2?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Are you buying Crysis 2? Did you Pirate it?

• Total voters

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Competitive singleplayer gaming. lol

Save-everywhere belongs in pretty much every game. I want to be able to save in a cool spot and be able to reexperience it later whenever I feel like without having to replay god knows how much of a level every time. It also helps against bugs. (e.g. Rise of the Argonauts. Checkpoint system and frequent CTDs. I was very close to throwing the disk out of the window). Also, frequent saving helps with having to replay only a few minutes if you had to take a phone call in the middle of a cut scene.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Kantham lied. He voted: I'm not buying and I didn't pirate it.

LIAR!!! :p

I didn't pirate it, I took part of the internet-internal beta release.
emot-smug.gif

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
Alright, ever since the warez scene figured out how to get cracked copies to play online, I have not come across a single server that didn't have at least 2 players cheating. Aimbots, infinite speed, wallhacks, you name it.

There's more cheaters on official Crysis 2 servers than on the Crysis 2 leaked beta on Tuungle.

No sense of teamwork in this game. Every Extraction game I play, people just run around shooting each other like it's death match. It's all Pokemon or Call of Duty style now. Rank up rank up rank up, who cares about anything else?

The leaked beta (build 5260) was way better than this horse****.

Note: Apparently you can say the n-word and the f-word on the MyCrysis forum. People are actively using it against CryTek's forum moderators all the time now :lol:

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Yeah, they're basically killing online gaming for the community.

It's sad and pathetic, but one specific module is cheap as all hell. Energy Transfer. WHY WOULD YOU GIVE FULL ENERGY BACK FOR A KILL?

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Alright, ever since the warez scene figured out how to get cracked copies to play online, I have not come across a single server that didn't have at least 2 players cheating. Aimbots, infinite speed, wallhacks, you name it.

There's more cheaters on official Crysis 2 servers than on the Crysis 2 leaked beta on Tuungle.

No sense of teamwork in this game. Every Extraction game I play, people just run around shooting each other like it's death match. It's all Pokemon or Call of Duty style now. Rank up rank up rank up, who cares about anything else?

Note: Apparently you can say the n-word and the f-word on the MyCrysis forum. People are actively using it against CryTek's forum moderators all the time now :lol:

lol pc gaming

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
PC gaming sucks because of the people, ****ty ports, bad design in certain genres (MMOs or shooters) and lack of developers.

Console gaming sucks because the games suck, controls suck and the gameplay is mostly over simplified.

Gaming is dead. :(

Yeah, they're basically killing online gaming for the community.

It's sad and pathetic, but one specific module is cheap as all hell. Energy Transfer. WHY WOULD YOU GIVE FULL ENERGY BACK FOR A KILL?

Yeah, I'm probably just gonna stay away from the multiplayer. I enjoyed the single player though, not sure if it was worth $50, but all video games are expensive I guess.

Last edited:

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA

I played tonight. Tried three servers. All had at least one hacker. Red Orchestra is going to be the last best hope for PC gaming.

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
Tonight I join a server, and a guy is somehow calling down rapid fire rockets from the sky all over the map.

Worst PC game choke of all time.

jimdav

flak cannon + minigun = FRAGS!!!
Mar 18, 2011
NZ
Unlocking difficulties in certain games also suck too. If people find Normal boring and not challening they have to stick to it until the end, which is not funny. This trend seems to be going away though.

Thank god! I hate those kind of games. Looks like the developers finally got it through their thick skulls. EVERYBODY HATES THEM STOP IT!! Also world saves,
like on crash bandicoot and stuff really piss me off. Like when you start, the
game begins and you get through usually an hour or more worth of gaming. then it sends you to the world saves. You save it, and it sends you off to the next world. This means if you die you have to start the WHOLE world again. So you
have to get at least half an hour under your belt just to get to where you were!

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Even though the commercial looks cool, some of the issues in here, especially the checkpoint saves only, kills it for me.:( I agree with hal and others on the saved games issue and I really can't believe we're having this argument on this forum where I never knew this issue was so divisive. I actually bought the PC version of Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver back in the day and was really ticked off when I found out I couldn't save my game anywhere. My younger brother ended up finishing it for me and let me play in a few spots. I don't like doing the same sh*t over and over again and, especially these days, there is a time issue as I don't get to play games as often. As a PC and mostly FPS gamer where my first FPS game was the original Doom, I expect to be able to save anywhere in any FPS game. Maybe at the beginning of a game install they should give the installer of installing the game with saved games only, checkpoints only, or both and make everyone happy.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
So I finally got around to playing some SP this weekend. My impression so far is that the game is easy... really easy. Even on the hardest difficulties. The enemies will quickly spot you if you're anywhere near them and have an elbow sticking out from your cover. This was also really prevalent in Crysis and especially Far Cry, but that's really the only thing that makes them even remotely challenging now. I know the suit is designed to make you feel like a tank, but you can easily abuse the suit to the point where you don't even have to deal with enemies to begin with. In other words, you can cloak your way through entire segments of the game without being sighted once, or you can simply waltz by everyone right down to the last level using nothing but armor like this guy. So, the game has really been stepped down in difficulty. It was much harder to beat the first Crysis without being very tactical and stealthy when on Delta difficulty. Dumbed down for consoles? Mebbes.

The levels are expansive and open compared to your standard FPS today. You can definitely approach some parts of the game from many different angles. Again, it's still no Far Cry however. I was hoping I was going to be able to go around entire blocks and buildings of New York to flank to my objective, but no. It actually gets increasingly linear at some parts as the game goes on. Your "tactical options" and flanking options literally just become cloaking to the left in this little ditch or just shooting everything up from the right. You can definitely expand the games total play time by exploring all the nooks and crannies, but it's not hard to completely explore the environments your first time through. If you did that in Far Cry or Crysis, you'd be spending a lot of time backtracking through alternative routes. You had to play a second time to really try different ways to play. Now the only way to do that is just by changing your own techniques and aggressiveness to provoke different events from the same scene.

The game visuals, as expected, are quite amazing. Plenty of color and detail with every scene. The game is without a doubt, not as graphically intensive as the first. The majority of the textures are not nearly as high res as you would see in Crysis. Some of them are quite blatant. Luckily, I don't feel I have consoles to blame for this one. Adam from Crytek stated "The lowest PC spec, [high], is almost the same as the spec used on consoles, besides per-platform differences" [source] which appears quite true from every time I've seen it played on the consoles. Even if it wasn't, it looks far more sexy on PC thanks to not being stuck at sub 720p resolution at 30 fps. While the game definitely isn't as intensive as the first, it runs much better. My GTX 470 and aged Q6600 has no problem eating it up on "extreme" settings, AA and all. No hiccups, no crashes, and the only noticeable slow downs happening are in intense firefights.

I could comment a lot more on some other things, like incredibly busy HUD, story and sound. But they're all meh so I don't know if I'll care enough. Still, this is just all my criticism. The game has been fun for me overall. So far I've gotten my need for a challenge by clearing entire areas by using only stealth kills and not even resorting to silenced weapons. It makes opening an excessive can of whoopass with heavy weapons a lot more satisfying when you actually get caught.

On a final note, the game is also quite buggy. Normally providing a lot of amusement for me:
[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZgzKKX4z-4[/M]

Last edited: