So iphone4....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I use my phone for...a phone, and occasional texting. I have never understood gaming, internet or TV on one.

I use my phone as a phone as well and sometimes simple notes when I am paperless.

You don't understand gaming or internet though? Really? You've never stood in a line by yourself or waited for your wife to try on a piece of clothing and wished for a simple game to kill the time? You've never been out and thought to yourself: why not see a movie and wished you could look up showtimes on the spot? Or got a little lost and wanted to grab some quick directions or forgot to write down a number or note and wished you could hop onto your email, or, again, wanted to kill time while waiting?

I understand how people aren't willing to pay the high premium for such services (I'm not), but certainly you can understand the appeal?

~Jason

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
over the next 8-16 months you're going to see things change quite drastically when it comes to service with the advent of 4G/LTE.

Lostsoul

boobs
Jul 3, 2005
pdX, Oregun
I use my phone as a phone as well and sometimes simple notes when I am paperless.

You don't understand gaming or internet though? Really? You've never stood in a line by yourself or waited for your wife to try on a piece of clothing and wished for a simple game to kill the time? You've never been out and thought to yourself: why not see a movie and wished you could look up showtimes on the spot? Or got a little lost and wanted to grab some quick directions or forgot to write down a number or note and wished you could hop onto your email, or, again, wanted to kill time while waiting?

I understand how people aren't willing to pay the high premium for such services (I'm not), but certainly you can understand the appeal?

~Jason

Like I said, I can see occasionally playing a simple game while waiting. I have never been out and wanted to go see a movie, but if I was, I would go home and check so I could also get snacks on the cheap. I don't get lost. I don't want to check my email when I am out. I barely check my email as it is, not a big fan of it unless I have to.

I don't use Twitter, MySpace, Facebook, blogs or any other social networking devices because I don't have any desire to be that connected to people. Even when I was playing competitively and admining for CAL and TWL I only checked my email because it was my job and I only gave my phone number to select teammates.

Do you want to know what I see when I see people using these things a lot, I see people that are far to dependent on electronics (this coming from an avid gamer of over 20 years and spent over 60 hours a week in 2k4) and are oblivious to everything else and don't give a **** about the people around them in the real world (running in to me, leaving a massive gap in a line, falling down a manhole, because they are to busy looking at a phone).

Like I said, I can see occasional use for internet and simple games, but so many people make a big deal of it and then their faces are plastered to the screen at all times. People just to connected and dependent on "phones" any more.

PS
my wife and I have a 550 minute plan, we roll over around 300+ every month. I have about 2400 rollover minutes.

Last edited:

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Yes people are waaaay too occupied with their phones on the street, in pubs - just about anywhere.
I actually find it extremely offensive if someone is pissing about with their phone whilst I'm in conversation with them & I've seen a steady decline in the art of conversation amongst social get togethers simply because most people are so pre-occupied with button mashing on facebook, twitter, myspace or whatever else is so important you need to be posting stuff while your out.
Just don't do it - it's the height of bad manners i think.

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
Yes people are waaaay too occupied with their phones on the street, in pubs - just about anywhere.
I actually find it extremely offensive if someone is pissing about with their phone whilst I'm in conversation with them & I've seen a steady decline in the art of conversation amongst social get togethers simply because most people are so pre-occupied with button mashing on facebook, twitter, myspace or whatever else is so important you need to be posting stuff while your out.
Just don't do it - it's the height of bad manners i think.

It's not my fault my phone is more interesting than you.

In seriousness, I felt (feel?) the same way. I used to hate the anti-socialness of cell phones but then I got an iphone and I think I'm becoming what I hate. I don't whip it out while talking to someone yet, but I find that I do whip it out when I could be talking with someone.