Saturday TDM/DTAS Revival

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dillinger

-=]N[=-
Sep 5, 2004
Ohio, USA
I tried it on Shan's DTAS server and it was about the same ROF as if I were playing offline... so perhaps RT is the 'problem' here.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Did a short check of RealTargets sciptfiles and the mutator doesn't seem to alter weapons RoF; there is a strange MP5 class in it, called the "Scope of Insanity", but it doesn't seem to get spawned in game (unless you do it by console).

In any case, since XploD and the COOP servers use a rather similar mutator configuration, I'd rather think the RoF change from offline or other servers (which I also felt present - especially after testing the AKS74U extensively offline and then playing with it on XploD) has something to do with either a special setting or with speedstep issues - the latter being rather unprobable since speedstep issues would cause slowdows/speedups usually. Perhaps UT thinks it's running on lower clock speed than it actually does, since it's possible to force a CPUSpeed via command line.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Could be... if my memory servers me correctly there was an issue with the Linux binaries ignoring the cpuspeed flag - not sure if it was 436, 451 or both though. Another thing that springs to mind is the tick rate... any idea what rates the servers are set at?

theRoadStroker

A Dickcheese Faggot
May 28, 2005
thats weird cuz I remember when I played around with Real Targets offline, it changed the ROF settings on some weapons like Sig, FAMAS & M4a1 firing faster and the AKM firing slower, but then again maybe Im just mixing it up with the InfWeaponEnhancement mut. :S

SSG.Batou

Feb 15, 2009
ok, ive been outta the loop

i have everything i need, i think.... UT+439, INF2.9 full... if there anything else i need, lemme know, i wanna get in on these sat night things and relive the old days of UT, HL, and Tribes(Orig)... We old folks rock, looking forward to next game. Thanks-CSM.Addicott(AKA)Cpl.Fett

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
There's a few files that will need updating, but the easiest thing to do is to connect to the server and let it download them. If there's a conflict it'll tell you, so just search for the old file, rename it, and try again.

Also, please use the edit button and please don't cross-forum post.

Dillinger

-=]N[=-
Sep 5, 2004
Ohio, USA
Seems several people would prefer Sundays so perhaps we could do it then too. I wouldn't mind INF twice a week instead of just once ;)

{GD}The One

TBuildT Mapper
Feb 26, 2002
NJ, USA
www.planetunreal.com
I don't think ill be playing anymore because I get this wierd warping on that server even though I don't appear to have lag. I guess its to be expected if you're running 50 mutators on a mod on a game, heh. We tried last week to switch to Shan's server where it doesn't appear to happen as much but no one came with us so I doubt its worth even trying this week
shame really

Mar 5, 2003
Germany
Visit site
the sg-servers are offline so we couldn't play there. Perhaps they are tomorrow online and we can play there.
but you understand that I wait at my (european) server for other players and not at a server in america...

{GD}The One

TBuildT Mapper
Feb 26, 2002
NJ, USA
www.planetunreal.com
I don't care about playing on a european server, it's not my ping or packet loss that is the problem, I can deal with a bit of lag. There is something else with that server that causes me to warp around and causes wierd delays in how I perceive things. Steven garcia was having the same problem

you are to far away yp.I know how is look like.I was played 1 year on muff server when i was started to play inf.This is not a tournament or match this is for weekend fun!Create a server and i will connect on it and play.I didn t connect on sg server becouse i have psytex in inf.I don t run .bat file to run pystex i did copy textures and system in my inf folder and sg server didn t have psytex.Shan was looking for some admins to help him with his server becouse he don t have so much time.did you help him?Maybe if u would help him and put psytex and play on it players would connect i think.
I think real targets mutator doing a little lag and linux server files for inf is not sow good.A lot of bug.I am testing windows server and for now server was allways on ut browser list,webadmin works great,still don t know how gameplay is working.I mean is it lag or no.

I was out with my girl. I hope we will play today :)

Last edited:

Black.cat

May 11, 2006
Michigan
Holy Sh!t!!! INF is still alive?! Oh wow, this great news. :D I can't express how much I have missed this game. I'm gonna try to find my UT CD and re-install INF, and try to catch on of these games going on.