with a new day comes terrible tidings...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Inf idiot

Dec 23, 2003
ok, here it goes.

i pick a level, it loades the level, the game screen comes up, it says PRECACHING... after it finishes, i click like i normally would to start a game, and BOOM! it crashes.[insert random curseing and swearing]

now i'm off to cry in the corner... brb

ravens_hawk

Apr 20, 2002
Visit site
Clearly you need to turn off precaching ;)
nah I don't know for sure (usually precaching slows things down anyhow) check the log files see what they say.

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
Without actually checking which .ini it's in, I think it might be located in Infiltrationuser.ini.

But the easy way to do it is via the quick menu startup screen. Click Options and then Advanced, I believe. Too tired to hunt down the exact spot.

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
Its the infiltration.ini.

There is a line

UsePrecache=True

, just switch it to

UsePrecache=False

and you`re done. But...I am not really sure if it solves the problem.

Inf idiot

Dec 23, 2003
well there is only one way to find out,
ill still probably need help.... i am just hoping that it wont do it online.....

Inf idiot

Dec 23, 2003
odd, it already says it is false, but still does it.... hmm....

i'm going to throw everything infiltration out, and start again from scratch, wish me luck

Last edited by a moderator:

Taque

Custom User Title
Dec 3, 2002
PARIS
www.mpclan.com
Are you sure you deactivated the precache under the right graphics settings (ie. opengl, d3d etc ... have their own precache settings in the .ini)?