Sound broken

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
Since a recent PC freeze I have some sort of sound problem.

Outside INF all sounds are fine, inside INF 50% of the time its fine but occasionally I don't hear certain sounds at all (shots, clicks etc), or closeby sound aren't as loud as they should be. (its often just about turning about 1 degree to make a sound fail completely)

when I deactivate 3dsound and Hardware support it seems to work fine again (but I'd like to have it full featured again)

Any suggestion apart from clean reinstall...?

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
This happens to me all the time, but it is directly related to TS (somehow).

The sound engine will crash. The sounds will be 'crunchy', or I just won't have any sounds at all. Once I hit escape, after firing off a mag, I will hear the sounds at the menu. But in the game, nada.

The only fix I've found for this is restarting INF and TS about fifty times until it works - switching TS's input mode between 'wave' and 'direct sound' solves issues sometimes too.

Of course, this only happens with INF. :(

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
Thanks guys... seems re-installing 4.36 patch fixed it.

On your problem Crack: I had the same problem using Soundblaster Live with Windows default driver... using latest Creative driver got rid of that.

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
I'm using USB audio devices. I have a ****ty creative card, but I don't use it. Also, I have the creative drivers installed.

I might give that 436 patch a shot...