Ugh, where did that forum section (Unreal Shmapmpiongship) end up?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I am not sure where it is supposed to be now, but the Unreal Shmapmpiongship section is gone? Even Championship 2? And if so are both supposed to be under ut2kx? Even though it doesn't say so in the description? With UChampionship it makes sense but with Champiosnip 2? Just wondering....

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
With Championship 2 it would make sense as well. There was a PC port planned at some point, as UT2005... But yeah, misinformation galore. You can't just remove an entire forum section without telling people first...

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
I understand a lot of people liked the Unreal Championship series, but why bother with it now?

Is it even possible to extract the data (maps, textures, upackages, etc.) from the disc and do anything with them?

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Actually I believe it is possible, there was even a conversion pack of the uc2 models for ut2kx. In fact I almost got once acess to the developement version which ran on PC before release, didn't happen though sadly. Would solve the issue of having the exact maps and not having to remake them from scratch or something. Since with maps it seems more difficult than the model stuff.

But that is irrelevant, the point is if it is now in the ut2kx section it should say so. I never had xbox so I never really played them although I did plan to/want to. The point is if one wants to start discussion about it, where is the best place?

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
But it belongs to the Unreal series, the logical conclusion would be to post it in the Unreal series section, but one can't post threads there only in the subsections to begin with.

Kerr Avon

Jan 22, 2008
Unreal Championship 2 is *fantastic*. In some ways it's the best Unreal game ever, though it had it's fair share of bad design choices (but the good definitely vastly outweighed the bad), and it was a travesty that it was never ported to the PC. Unreal Championship 1 was just a cut down version of Unreal Tournament 2003 (or rather UT2003 was an expanded version of UC1, since I think UC1 was released before UT2003?), but UC2 was very different to UC1 (and so different to all of the UT games), as it made a lot of changes, and most of them worked very well.

For me, Unreal Championship 2 is up there with Goldeneye, Red Dead Redemption, and Perfect Dark, as console games that SHOULD HAVE been brought to the PC, as they deserved to be played by as many people as possible.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Unreal Championship 2 was really a weird experiment that didn't felt much Unreal game. Mainly because of its emphasis on 3rd person gameplay (sure you could switch to 1st person) and melee combat. Also weapons and pickup system was really out of place. What I actually enjoyed about UC2 was its audio side - good soundtrack and fantastic announcer. It was really sinister and definitely my favourite in UT series.

Kerr Avon

Jan 22, 2008
Unreal Championship 2 was really a weird experiment that didn't felt much Unreal game. Mainly because of its emphasis on 3rd person gameplay (sure you could switch to 1st person) and melee combat. Also weapons and pickup system was really out of place. What I actually enjoyed about UC2 was its audio side - good soundtrack and fantastic announcer. It was really sinister and definitely my favourite in UT series.

You were only forced into third person for the melee combat, everything else you could do in first person mode. I didn't like the weapon/pickup system when I first played the game, but when you get used to it, it does add a different spin on the multiplayer FPS mode, though I do think that when you used the 'Classic UT' mutator that the old style all-weapons-per-map gameplay should have been put back in. What I really didn't like about the game was (a) two of the six gameplay modes were no fun at all (Nali Slaughter, and Overdose), there was no speed setting (new players sometimes complain that the game moves too fast), and some of the maps seem to have been designed to look good rather than play on. Oh, and the single player campaign was too short, although it did have challenges built in to add interest, plus of course it had the usual excellent bots to allow you to play the multiplayer even if no other human was present.

Raynor.Z

Feb 1, 2006
I used "Classic UC" mutator most of the time (no adrenaline, melee or 3rd person), but unfortunately it didn't bring back classic weapon pickup system. Also gamespeed felt a bit slow for me so there indeed should have been speed adjustment.

Kerr Avon

Jan 22, 2008
I used "Classic UC" mutator most of the time (no adrenaline, melee or 3rd person), but unfortunately it didn't bring back classic weapon pickup system. Also gamespeed felt a bit slow for me so there indeed should have been speed adjustment.

Just remembered, some people said the weapons felt underpowered, so an option to alter the weapons' damages (as a percentage) would have been good too. I don't think I ever felt like that, but then I was probably too busy hating Nali Saughter to notice (HATE that game mode) :mad:

HugoMarques

☆☆☆☆☆
Dec 14, 2010
Portugal
Of what possible value is that post?

Why do you care if my post has no value to the conversation?

Why do you care if there's no UC2 subsection? What's there to talk about an 8 years old game that few of the people on the forum have played and without support for user-generated content? All the talk you're talking has been talked a hundred times. Dead game is dead. Stop beating the horse skeleton and move on.

Raynor.Z

Feb 1, 2006
No need to overreact, just because some people in the past have something discussed. This is Unreal forum after all.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
Why do you care if my post has no value to the conversation?

Why do you care if there's no UC2 subsection? What's there to talk about an 8 years old game that few of the people on the forum have played and without support for user-generated content? All the talk you're talking has been talked a hundred times. Dead game is dead. Stop beating the horse skeleton and move on.

Good lord man, we all repeat ourselves about everything, we just try to compartmentalize it to keep it all in somewhat of an order.

If you are going to be a dick about it, you might as well say the same thing about every other game taking place in the Unreal Universe.

(I know, you were just having a "moment", as do all of us)

HugoMarques

☆☆☆☆☆
Dec 14, 2010
Portugal
No need to overreact, just because some people in the past have something discussed. This is Unreal forum after all.

Yeah, OK. Sorry, my bad. From now on, I endose a UC / UC2 Subsection. No more Sarah Jessica Parkers from now on.

Props for Plumb. ^^ That is the most sober post I've ever seen from you, bro.