What are you playing?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
Hello everyone. Been a while.

Guild Wars 2 has swallowed me whole. I've been honestly worried it's an addiction at this point. Despite my worries, I will say this is probably the best MMORPG I've played (and I've roughed with Everquest and World of Warcraft). The dungeon content isn't as stellar as WoW's, but the "grind" is practically a non-issue in Guild Wars 2. Exploring the world and leveling up, things that I dread doing in other MMORPGs, are actually fun in GW2. I cannot understate how much of an achievement making the world something you want to experience is.

Brütal Legend came out on the PC and I've been picking that back up. The controls are taking some getting used to on PC but are perfectly functional unlike many console ports. I still may end up switching to gamepad, however. I like the game enough that I will probably continue a Let's Play thing for the game that I put on hiatus. Also the multiplayer is fantastic, folks; you don't even know.

I'm trying to beat Torchlight II on its hardest difficulty with Hardcore mode (i.e. permadeath a la roguelikes) turned on. It's pretty tough! The only thing is that the hardest difficulty doesn't really do much other than make the enemies have a lot more health and do more damage; the end result is something that is sometimes more tedious than difficult.

Starcraft II has been pretty good recently. I haven't played Heart of the Swarm yet but I do have a copy. I hope to get into the multiplayer soon; it's some of the best (and hardest) 1v1 gaming out there today.

So yeah. Games.

theabyss

No One Here Gets Out Alive
Dec 3, 2005
East Coast
Oh Gosh I am back to BF2. I had forgotten how much fun it was, especially to fly the helicopter with my joystick. You'll find me usually on the "Weekend Warrior's" server.

Mar 6, 2004
Been bouncing around games the last few months.

From Warhammer Online to Guildwars 2 (got 2 lvl 80's and a 50), now i'm playing Ages of Empire 2 HD from Steam. I'll wait for Company of Heroes 2 in June.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
WEI FUCKING SHEN, IN THE FLESH.

Have fun with the Nightmare in North Point achievements if you ever do those..

Sleeping Dogs is a fun game, too bad there very likely won't be a sequel (25 got laid off).

Last edited:

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
as long as I dont see you on live playing the dreadful halo 4 anymore :)

me: dead island riptide

I only ever play custom games on that, and the only reason I ever bought the game is because I have a lot of friends who played it at one point in time. Rarely ever get on the xbox.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Sleeping Dogs

Hope to have it completed in the next day or so so I can move on to another game in my backlog.
I never completed Sleeping Dogs.
after unlocking the 4th safehouse I finally just got fed up with the terrible vehicle handling and lack of firearms :lol:

even when you find and equip a gun, it's automatically removed from your inventory during the next cutscene. there's only a handful of missions in the game where you get to kill people with something other than the same 3 button tackle/punch combination.

Mar 6, 2004
CS:GO now, ill be playing this game for a while, plan to get into it competitively doing ESEA pugs eventually, then ladders. Also play QL.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Competitive gaming just does very little for me anymore. If I look at the games I've played the most over the last year or so, I'd say co-op (Killing Floor, Borderlands, Saint's Row 3, LotR: WitN), singleplayer games (Batman AC, RAGE, BioShock: Infinite, Deus Ex: HR, Darksiders), and other genres (Plants vs Zombies, LEGO, The Walking Dead) have kept me more than satisfied. It would take an exceptionally fun comp-multiplayer game to get me back into the grind.

Mar 6, 2004
Competitive gaming just does very little for me anymore. If I look at the games I've played the most over the last year or so, I'd say co-op (Killing Floor, Borderlands, Saint's Row 3, LotR: WitN), singleplayer games (Batman AC, RAGE, BioShock: Infinite, Deus Ex: HR, Darksiders), and other genres (Plants vs Zombies, LEGO, The Walking Dead) have kept me more than satisfied. It would take an exceptionally fun comp-multiplayer game to get me back into the grind.

I'm the opposite, all i wanna do is play competitivly. I love to scrim with teams of 5 or 6 (i hate clans of 10+). I dunno why i love to scrim, but it started back in Cod4 Promod years ago, now it's all i wanna do. Sadly, it's going to take a while untill i can start doing ESEA pugs, because i'm so bad at the game since i'm new to it and it's completly different then Call of Duty. I also play Quake, but i don't think it's that competitive but it's fun to play for a few hours even if i'm also learning that game aswell. The only down part of competitive gaming, it sucks your time away. If it's a hot sunny day outside, i stay in and play the game... :/

Last edited:

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
UT2k4/UT3 (about once a week each)

Diablo 3 for lack of a better RPG (not that they don't exist just not in my budget to ad a new 1 to my library atm).

Bioshock 2 because I haven't played it yet.