Any old school PuF still around?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NIGMA666

Mar 1, 2013
If you were around back in the days of PuF, Ci etc. then you might just remember this very generic 'internet'(terrible?) name. I was that pain in the backside who was warping around the map because I was still on a 56k connection. Good times!

They say things come full circle; I was 17-18 back then and just turned 31 back on the 25th. Good god has it been that long? :eek:

Googled this, very strange looking back: site:forums.beyondunreal.com beyondunreal Nigma666

Anyway, I'm in the process of building a new PC and for the past how-ever-many years it's been, I decided to look for my first love, this time-vampire of a game...

Long story short, what's the best way to start playing again? I don't have my OG copy anymore. Should I buy it off Steam for $10?

P.S. Who I remember; Hal, Mrs. Jane, Wendy, Zaccix, Rooster, Prophetus and Lordkhaine to name a few.

NIGMA666

Mar 1, 2013
This is a cross-post from Games/UT99; after submitting I saw how much of a ghose town it is there, might have a better chance here.

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
GOG also sells it.
I made a page specially for people who want to install UT.
Things have changed in the past few years. It looks and plays better than ever.
http://my.opera.com/Unreal-Tournament/blog/unreal-tournament
2 Links to buy it, and a run-down of all the new patches and fixes. Plenty of useful addons there to enhance UT even more.

www.UT99.org is one of the busiest and most industrious places to visit.
If you want to see how UT99 has progressed check some recent pictures and video.
http://my.opera.com/Unreal-Tournament/albums/
http://youtu.be/t8LFpo0gDkU

Last edited:

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
Thanks for bringing CI to the surface JohnDoe.
Just been poking around. I would suggest that the front-page be cleaned of all the dead links (some have not been live since the mid 2000s!), and the main site and forums get RSS feeds get switched on.

J.D. If you can prod the admin about this, you will see more visitors and players.
2K4 is not dead, just well hidden.

Carpe Imperium needs to carpe diem.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
You were 19 back then, not 17. I'm also 31, and I was 19 when I joined here, so... mathematically, so were you.

I don't blame you though, your memory starts to go in your old age ;)

Evill_Bob

Cheese Hopping Rocket Spammer
Dec 19, 2005
In your computer, duh.
The years have not been kind to the Unreal series, many of us has moved on to other games like Team Fortress 2. But I can say that I've been known to warm up UT2k4 from time to time, but it's been years since I've played online. Heck, with Dr Flay pointing out that nice still living Unreal community I might even go back to UT99 and though no one here probably remembers it but I used to be a rabid defender of UT2k4 over UT99.

Damn, we need I new unrealistic arena based shooter that we can mod the hell out of. TF2 does not count since they really get pissy with anything that's not a map or a new gamemode.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Hey sir.

I was 18 when I joined here. hal is still around somewhere.

NIGMA666

Mar 1, 2013
Hey sir.

I was 18 when I joined here. hal is still around somewhere.

I remember you; euro player?

Nice to see Ci is still around, figured you guys wouldn't be playing UT anymore; i'm glad I got some responses though.

Much like Quake, it would be cool to see this rebooted like QuakeLive brought those old schoolers out. I played CPMA/Quake for quite a few years after UT. They just don't make them like they used to.

I can be found on PS3 playing BF3 for now. PSN: PepeLasNoches

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
US player. Us Ci dudes don't really play anything other than some play WoW competitively.

Arcturus

Not From Bloody Starcraft
Jan 23, 2000
Totally Not Korhal IV
I first went on PlanetUnreal when I was 14. It had the old old green design. Anyone remember that? And those horrible Lithium forums which were little more than a guestbook? Good times.

I was called Firestorm back then, I was never a major forum superstar or anything so you probably don't remember me. The name NIGMA666 does ring a bell though. And there was a regular forum guy called UpYours I think? And Yellow5 was around then too I'm pretty sure. I can't remember too much else. Oh yeah, I joined an Unreal 1 clan set up by a chap called Neurorelay. That's about the limit of my memory from those days. Then UT came out and the whole PuF thing started. Seems like aeons ago now.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
If you were around back in the days of PuF, Ci etc. then you might just remember this very generic 'internet'(terrible?) name. I was that pain in the backside who was warping around the map because I was still on a 56k connection. Good times!

They say things come full circle; I was 17-18 back then and just turned 31 back on the 25th. Good god has it been that long? :eek:

Googled this, very strange looking back: site:forums.beyondunreal.com beyondunreal Nigma666

Anyway, I'm in the process of building a new PC and for the past how-ever-many years it's been, I decided to look for my first love, this time-vampire of a game...

Long story short, what's the best way to start playing again? I don't have my OG copy anymore. Should I buy it off Steam for $10?

P.S. Who I remember; Hal, Mrs. Jane, Wendy, Zaccix, Rooster, Prophetus and Lordkhaine to name a few.

Hey! Been a while. Did you lose access to your original account?