And Now for Something Completely Different, Resurrection Edition!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Have you heard of "I Wanna Be The Guy"? Not the Homestar Runner version, the game. It's both a tribute to oldschool gaming, as well as a challenge to your sanity.

Think of the hardest game you ever played. Now multiply the difficulty by 10. Now consider that the "Easy" difficulty level.

http://www.collegehumor.com/moogaloop/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1796586&fullscreen=1

As you can see... ridiculously unfair. Here's a 29-part video from Youtube of a guy making an entire run, during which he dies over 200 times.

Part 1 - Anger
Part 2 - Wrong WAY
Part 3 - Evil Star
Part 4 - Mike Tyson
Part 5 - Limits
Part 6 - Stones
Part 7 - WTF CLIFF
Part 8 - Mech Birdo
Part 9 - I Lost It
Bonus "Going insane fighting Mech Birdo" video
Part 10 - Turrets
Part 11 - CastleWHA
Part 12 - Circles
Part 13 - Dracula?
Part 14 - Tetris
Part 15 - Whoops
Part 16 - Zangief
Part 17 - Glitch
Part 18 - Bowser
Part 19 - Evil Roof
Part 20 - Oh My God
Part 21 - Fastness
Part 22 - Overboard
Part 23 - Oh No
Part 24 - Minecart
Part 25 - Dragon
Part 26 - Castle
Part 27 - Mazes
Part 28 - Recorder
Part 29 - Final

And if for some reason you would like to torture yourself as this guy did, you can download the game here: http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/downloads.php

Atrophius

Programming Guy
Jan 20, 2008
www.omegavortex.net
I've yet to make it past the second screen going up and the third screen going left. The game is insane.

It's hilarious to watch that set of videos, though.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Well believe it or not, I watched all 29 parts. Took me pretty much all day to get through them all but it was worth it. I tried playign the game myself.. I cant get past the cloud area :lol:

Gundato

Wangosaurus Rex
Feb 26, 2002
In a Nuclear Missile Silo
Only watched a few.

First, they are ****ing amazing. Going to download that game when I get a chance.
Second, the guy making those videos is one of the most pompous jackasses I have seen online in a while.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Well resurrecting this thread to say that I have lost my ****ing mind and am therefore going to slice my wrists. Mother brain can kiss my ass and then some.. stupid spaghetti :mad: :mad:

Attachments

• iwbtg.JPG
    iwbtg.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 35

DeletedAccount69

Jan 24, 2008
I'm stuck at this part. I glitch-won Mike Tyson and this is a few screens (That one moon part took me hours) after him.

Attachments

• IWBTG.jpg
    IWBTG.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I finally beat that bitch brain.. now i need rest

In reply the deletedaccount69 dude
when the spikes start going faster, you need to jump right as the first spike is halfway up... its a huge timing thing and takes a while to get it down right but thats the only way I was able to do it.

DeletedAccount69

Jan 24, 2008
Thanks for the tips Cpt. Toliet. Btwz, I was Roflmaocult before the crash.

And was I the only one who took hours trying to get past link?

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
Jump is left shift, and Q kills yourself and R starts over from game over, but what is shooting so I can save?

Edit: How do you double jump, so I can get out the damn hole at the beginning?

Last edited:

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
Saw this on videosift about a week ago. I was suprised with the tetris bit and the fact that I recognized the songs but couldn't place them with what game they were from.

Watch them all, get UT3, and yes, I'll begin being happy.

You're never happy DP.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
EDIT: Made it past the "front door" and now am in the "final tower of the douche bag" guy. final room before finishing and finally gaining my sanity back

Last edited:

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
Jump is left shift, and Q kills yourself and R starts over from game over, but what is shooting so I can save?

Edit: How do you double jump, so I can get out the damn hole at the beginning?

Well I found out what the controls were by clicking the controls option and then clicking one of the x's in that window. Why not show what the control actually are there and not useless x's that have no indication that if you click one they will give you more information. However even the new window you get doesn't show what goes with what.

That all doesn't really manner though as I don't want to be the guy anymore.

I can't even get past the second screen and half the time the first apple in the game kills me. Its total bullsh*t how they don't always fall.

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
That all doesn't really manner though as I don't want to be the guy anymore.

If you knew how many times I said that over the past couple days. I made a vow after I get off work today... I will beat dickhead penis guy and there will be an explosion of happiness upon my return