Help with Playtest crashing and Black Static Meshes in Runtime!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Traveller0

Mar 10, 2006
Thank you so much for answering my last question, Angel_Mapper! I must have deleted those files by accident! I just replaced them and all was fine...until now. HELP!!!!!!Anybody who knows what they are doing (obviously I am inexperienced as yet): Here is the problem...I placed some generic Static Meshes in my moderately-sized map, and when I playtested the map the StatMeshes showed up black! My lighting effects didnt work either, I just had a totally lit room with black Static Meshes! So, I tried selecting a few of my Static meshes and applying a texture to them in hopes that by doing this I could remedy the black mesh problem. After I applied the texture to these meshes, I rebuilt all and saved the file. I then clicked the playtest button. The screen goes black and no level loads. I can press ESC and the option menu comes up, in which I can do several things, but having the menu appear with ESC tells me that I am not completely crashed. Anyhow, it did this before, but I could "close map" at the black screen and "load map" and it would work! Ever since I applied the textures to the meshes(Runtime package pillars) the playtest wont load the map no matter WHAT I do! Please help me with the Black Static Mesh problem and the Playtest crashing problem! I still have lighting issues but have more tutorials to see, so I will probably learn soon...Thank you ahead of time whoever answers!

Traveller0

Mar 10, 2006
answer about Video Card compatibility, ATI or nVidia?

Thanks for responding...no my video card is not ATI. I have a eVGA eGeforce 6800 GS video card, is that going to be a problem? My other maps work, but this one doesnt (at least since I applied textures to the StaticMeshes) anymore. Please help if you have any idea how to remedy this issue! Thanks very much!