Battle-Field 3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
I HAD SUCH A BLAST!
It was breathtaking watching the nosedive right at the start! Who knew bandwidth usage could dive to 200KB/s so fast!
Then that puzzle! It was so hard I couldn't win! It didn't even look like it'd be hard! Shit, all you gotta do is click "Ready to Install" and you'd expect it to install, but there's a twist to the puzzle! Instead of installing, it pops back to "Ready to Install"
What a twist!

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I wanted to install Origin last night. Because I am a moron. I had it installed previously so I could reinstall Bad Company 2, but then removed it. I was however interested in at least checking out the BF3 beta.

I went to the origin.com site, got redirected to store.origin.com, started looking for the install or download link. Where the fuck is it?

Gvkzo.jpg

Then you get taken to another page here: http://www.origin.com/us/about

It contains the download link.

wtf

I asked it to install to my D drive because I like to keep system shit separate from application shit. Unlike Steam, this stupid app just downloads the installer and then lets you install it instead of ... just installing the files as they download. But, it doesn't ask you where to put them. This is in the settings menu. It was downloading and installing to two totally separate folders, both on the C: drive, both unrelated to where I installed the app itself. lmao

How the fuck is this company so inept?

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
The ineptitude of Electronic Assholes is fairly apparent here. The user interface design and redirects was absolutely deplorable for such a website.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I might as well add my 2 cents about Origin. For me it works, but it is an annoyance if anything.

-Download speed is dodgy at best. I can net 600kb/s in Steam, yet in Origin it will alternate between 500 one minute and as low as 150 the next. This brings me to the next point.....
-No way to change download region.
-You can't upload custom avatars. Not a biggie but I don't see why they wouldn't include that to begin with.
-Uninstalling the game doesn't remove it from your list. Yeah steam behaves the same way but with one exception, IT GETS RID OF THE FUCKING BETAS. Yeah BF3 Alpha and Beta will forever be in my list. A quick google search showed that they can't remove it unless they remove the ability to download it again, or just put in a ticket with their support team. Really EA?

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
The difference between Steam and Origin is that Valve has a bit of respect for their customers. EA doesn't give a flying ****.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Surprisingly, I haven't had any problems with Origin. My download was at full speed the entire download and I was successfully able to pause and resume the download without issue.

UNFORTUNATELY, I get this when logging into Battlelog to join a game:
We are currently having issues with passwords containing
special characters (such as &%<>).

Until we have fixed this, you can change your password to
only use alphanumeric characters at http://profile.ea.com
At first I thought, "fine, a minor inconvenience" until I realized I couldn't log in at ea.com either and the forgot account password link tells me my account doesn't exist. Guess I'm waiting for a fix if I want to play any more. :eek:

EDIT: I guess I could just make a new account but I don't think I care enough to go through the hassle to download the game again.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I don't know what makes BF3, I mean, BF BC3 such a hyped game, but it's probably this:

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alF_Z2OoGas[/m]

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
And I didn't have to read the comments to get a BF BC2 feel from it. Same weapon animation feel, same sounds, same HUD, just like IW on MW3!

Shooters these year aren't really inspired are they? It's funny, because BF3 fanbois were arguing over how MW3 was MW2 with new maps/guns. Irony at it's finest.

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
Why wouldn't it have a Bad Company 2 feel to it though? Same company, same series. It's different and, IMO, improved enough that I already like it more than I ever liked BC2.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
DEATH BEAM LASER!!!!
HEAT RAY FLASHLIGHT!!!
CAPITAL LETTERS.

Operation Metro is a terrible map to showcase. They should open it up a whole lot more and give more movement options.

I like the game, but I also hate it at the same time.

Last edited:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Anyone else find it silly that a piddly ass flashlight mounted on a rifle can damn near blind you in broad daylight?

This.

Also, the shitty squad interface. You can't select a squad to join, it will just pick one for you. Last night we tried to join a game as a party, and it only put the leader in the game so I had to join manually. Maybe it puts you in a squad with your party if you do that properly? I don't know. That interface is stupid.

Then you have the voice chat. It works fine. But the default key is left shift, and it stays on while you're in game. Left shift is the run key. So I got double doses of Funkblast most of the time.

I get lots of graphical glitches, probably due to using nVidia's beta drivers just so I can play the damn BF3 beta.

I think the map they chose is pretty crap. EA/DICE is terrible at making good maps, honestly. They generally have one or two worthwhile maps per game. It doesn't help that they do the same thing as Call of Duty and make each map support all gametypes. It would have been nice to be able to try out vehicles in the beta. Oh well.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
I'd follow BF2's roots instead, which is the point.

Well, after dealing with the headache that is Origin, I thought the game was rubbish.

This.

Also, the shitty squad interface. You can't select a squad to join, it will just pick one for you. Last night we tried to join a game as a party, and it only put the leader in the game so I had to join manually. Maybe it puts you in a squad with your party if you do that properly? I don't know. That interface is stupid.

Then you have the voice chat. It works fine. But the default key is left shift, and it stays on while you're in game. Left shift is the run key. So I got double doses of Funkblast most of the time.

I get lots of graphical glitches, probably due to using nVidia's beta drivers just so I can play the damn BF3 beta.

I think the map they chose is pretty crap. EA/DICE is terrible at making good maps, honestly. They generally have one or two worthwhile maps per game. It doesn't help that they do the same thing as Call of Duty and make each map support all gametypes. It would have been nice to be able to try out vehicles in the beta. Oh well.

Agreed with all this basically.

I get graphics glitches too and it's so annoying. The whole game seems really unoptimized, even for a beta.

One more thing is, where the fuck is the map? Is it just me or did they take out any kind of zoomable large map?

The whole time I literally had no idea what I was doing or where I was going. I literally played the game for a few hours and never once did any objectives. I just kept dying from people I couldn't see because of graphics glitches or snipers blinding me with a mounted light from 2 miles away.

wat

Oh yeah did I mention it crashes every time I start a new game or try to go fullscreen, and the server browser is horrific.

Last edited: