A thread for spending currency only for greatly discounted electronic transactions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Portal 2 is only $14.99 for Steams Mid-Week madness deal. If you haven't gotten it yet, it's worth $25 JUST for the MP part of the game imo.
Yeah; I saw this. I don't have it... well I didn't until now when it finishes downloading.

If it's half as good as Portal it's worth the money; my opinion.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Last day or so on the Humble Indie Bundle too. http://www.humblebundle.com/

Frozen Synapse and Space Chem are the two games (Trauma is a bonus) this time around. Beat the average of $4.72 and get Trine, Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds: Survivor (and a couple of demo-ish kind of games) for free.

All but the demo games are redeemable on a handful of digital distributor platforms, including Steam. You split the money however you like among the developers and charities.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
All of the Red Faction games are 75% off. YOU BETTER BUY THEM!

$5 for RF:G. $2.50 a pop for the first two red faction games. $12.50 for the fourth one.

D:

Whut a deeeeeeel

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
it's honestly better in third person than it could ever be in first.

is it worth it? Although now the mid-week deal is over it's academic. It will be on sale again.

After playing Mass Effect recently I looked at the game play trailers for RF:G and went "meh".

Destructible environments are fun but is the game worth it just so you can swing a sledgehammer?

I played RF 2 some years ago and it was pretty well shite.

Last edited:

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
is it worth it? Although now the mid-week deal is over it's academic. It will be on sale again.

After playing Mass Effect recently I looked at the game play trailers for RF:G and went "meh".

Destructible environments are fun but is the game worth it just so you can swing a sledgehammer?

I played RF 2 some years ago and it was pretty well shite.

RF:G is, in my opinion, the best RF game. Not only does it work better in 3rd person than it would likely ever do in first person, it's refreshing to be able to destroy almost any structure as part of a mission or if you just don't feel like finding an entrance. The sledgehammer is but one weapon, and the wholesale destruction of everything is excellent entertainment and provides (not in all cases) additional approaches to missions (because really, that perimeter wall ain't keeping you out, and that tower will easily flatten enemies, etc). Though the game doesn't get the overall plot/progression pacing right, it makes for an awesome romp.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
I wasn't too sure about the game either before I bought it but, once I started playing it, it quickly became one of my favorite games of all time.
And there's a whooole lot of it to enjoy :)

Last edited: