Batman dies in the new movie. Your thoughts?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
meh.

I don't know if society is any worse than it's ever been. it's a lot better in some very large ways (lack of slavery), and perhaps a little worse in small ways (desensitization).
the difference is that we have such vivid and constant reminders of the negative stuff and very little attention paid to the positive stuff. the balance of coverage; that's the problem. TV and the news media didn't used to be like this. they focus on the most sensational and rare/tragic events more than anything. and everything has clear images and videos and so much detail. and it comes to you instantly, 24/7.

it's all in your head man :p

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
So yeah, back to Batman. I haven't seen the movie yet and I'm not sure if you're kidding or not, but I guess I'm of the opinion that it doesn't really matter. He's died in the comic series before.

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
How do you know if somebody is crazy or not? The guys worst offense was a parking ticket. He went to school and college like any other normal person. It's not exactly hard for a psychotic to blend in with society. That's the scary thing. This could happen to any one of us.

On a side note I saw the new Spiderman recently and somebody a few rows up bent down and lit a lighter. Scared the sh*t out of me but it turns out they were just looking for something in the dark. You don't do that in a crowded movie theater, EVER.

Simple solution: Don't let anyone own guns. There is no need for it.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
409744_3421605349407_1889906662_n.jpg

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Simple solution: Don't let anyone own guns. There is no need for it.

Yeah, but ...

Guns save a sh*t ton more lives than they take away. Look at self-defense gun statistics.

great idea, not.
That will mean that all law abiding people wont have guns and all those that aren't law abiding will have guns.

guess what will happen next.

What they said. The problem with the gun control argument is that if you impose gun control laws, the only people that are going to turn in their firearms are the decent law-abiding citizens that are just trying to do what is right. The thugs of society aren't going to stroll down to their local police stations and turn in their peacemakers with smiles on their faces; they're going to keep those guns for as long as possible, and will have a serious advantage over the now-defenseless decent people of society.

You should also consider the common misconception that all gun owners are psychotics who just want to rob and/or kill people. That's complete nonsense; I know plenty of gun owners (myself included) who simply want to defend themselves from those who would harm them. If someone breaks into my house and comes after me, I'd much rather have a gun between me and them as opposed to having nothing but my swinging dick.

On a very basic level my point is this; if you really want panic in the streets and the bad guys to win, go ahead and vote gun control.

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
right.
if anything, we need to expand concealed carry laws.

you know those signs that businesses proudly display on their front doors?
the ones that say "CONCEALED CARRY WEAPONS NOT ALLOWED IN THIS ESTABLISHMENT."

well hello?
dumbasses?

this just means "COME ON INSIDE AND ROB ME CRIMINALS, NO ONE IN HERE CAN STOP YOU."
when criminals or would-be mass shooters see this sign on a building, they just know that it's the perfect place to massacre innocent people.

I think that if we expanded gun laws (for basic firearms, not fully-automatic rifles or anything) then actually these sorts of crimes might happen less. it would certainly give you pause if you wanted to shoot up the shopping mall if you were aware that civilians could be packing.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
right.

well hello?
dumbasses?

this just means "COME ON INSIDE AND ROB ME CRIMINALS, NO ONE IN HERE CAN STOP YOU."
when criminals or would-be mass shooters see this sign on a building, they just know that it's the perfect place to massacre innocent people.

I think that if we expanded gun laws (for basic firearms, not fully-automatic rifles or anything) then actually these sorts of crimes might happen less. it would certainly give you pause if you wanted to shoot up the shopping mall if you were aware that civilians could be packing.

Wow, I actually agree with J:SR for once. This is a landmark moment ladies & gentlemen.

But yes, a sign that says "No guns allowed" doubles as a sign that says "ROB THIS PLACE, IT'LL BE EASY!" Many convenience stores in the area have been hit so many times that now their cashiers are carrying pistols on their hips. I also saw a sign that said "Employees in this establishment are armed; rob at your own risk." I had to chuckle at that one.

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Can we talk about how goddamned awesome TDKR was in this thread? Because it was really, really fucking awesome.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Guns save a sh*t ton more lives than they take away. Look at self-defense gun statistics.
Consider the April 22nd case of a shooter entering a church in Aurora, CO. The perp shot one person before being taken down by a congregation member with a firearm.
CS gas spray could also be used in self-defense. And it doesn't kill.
It would have helped immensely in this case where the perp was wearing a gas mask. :p
right.

well hello?
dumbasses?

Disbelief crosses my face.

I agree. I think "unassisted" shooters like this guy would think twice if they knew half of that theater might have been packing firearms. He apparently had no automatic weapons and had to reload giving someone (or someones) else with a weapon ample time to take control of the situation.

On a more on-topic note, I haven't seen this yet. Has anyone seen it in IMAX? Is it worth it? I saw TDK in IMAX and about 70% of the movie was more awesome.