• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
no it won't, as that particular d3d10drv forces a high FOV and disregards 4:3 which he plays in.

utglr for life

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Can't anyone post any nice views from say... "the last of us"? Home made preferably ;-I. I mean all the detail in that game and those colours...

UT is so incredibly ugly.
I mean, the only reason you could still like it is because of nostalgia. But other than that...

Screenshots for fun, totally agree. But at least include some with up to date graphics.
After all, this is beyond unreal...

Last edited:

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I agree, NeoNite. I just bought a brand new GTX 970, so from now on, whatever I'm playing, I'll take a screenshot to post in this thread. :)

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
Well, I agree that newer games are certainly pretty, but I have spent inordinate amounts of time getting UT3 to look pretty darn good. Click for full resolution.

ScreenShot00000-1.png~original

ScreenShot00020.png~original

ScreenShot00012-1.png~original

ScreenShot00007-2.png~original

ScreenShot00004-2.png~original

ScreenShot00003-3.png~original

ScreenShot00017-1.png~original

ScreenShot00013-1.png~original

ScreenShot00024.png~original

ScreenShot00019-1.png~original

Edit: Thanks NeoNite...forgot about that tag.

Last edited:

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
[screenshot]http://i.imgur.com/5oAt3PV.jpg[/screenshot]

Me and my bro-in-law (background) co-op campaign in Saints Row 4.

Carbon: Very nice. UT3 is my version of choice; I just wish it worked a bit better (LAN mode specifically).

Last edited:

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
Thanks Al. I like all of the games in the series - UT has added nostalgic value - but UT3 has become my go-to as of late as well.

Like I said, I have spent more hours than I want to admit tweaking it. Right now, aside from the countless .ini changes, I am also running SweetFX and the Blossom mutator. SweetFX removes the fog really well and has some nice SMAA and sharpening features (I hate Depth of Field and Motion Blur). Blossom puts back some of the color and does a good job managing the Bloom. With 12x Edge Detect AA and 16x AF through the AMD control panel, it looks really good; I think it still competes with modern games.

I should upload my .ini files and SweetFX files for others maybe; they are truly comprehensive.

SR4: not sure why but the game never really grabbed me. Fun, for sure, but it just didn't hold me.

Last edited:

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I should upload my .ini files and SweetFX files for others maybe; they are truly comprehensive.

SR4: not sure why but the game never really grabbed me. Fun, for sure, but it just didn't hold me.

I'd definitely be interested in those .ini files if you release them. As for SR4, I can see where it could get old really fast, but with a buddy there's a lot of fun to be had; for a little while at least. :)

Last edited:

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
Ok...here is my UTEngine.ini, UTGame.ini, Blossom mutator (with configs already set, just copy files) and SweetFX files, again, already set up.

The resolution is set for 1920x1200; I trust you know where to make the change if needed. Also, if you go into the game "advanced" settings menu, it will revert some of the .ini tweaks back to a lower or different value. To combat this, one would think to make the file 'read only', but this has been problematic, so it is best to simply not go into the advanced graphics menu.

All UTGame keybinds, etc are standard; I reverted those back to a default state. I am actually not sure if this file should be carried over or not. Backup your old files first, of course.

Hope its useful.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/87qzuojodzpa96z/UT3_Config_Files.rar

Edit: For anyone besides Al using these configs (I know Al has the GPU power), the AA is set at 12x and AF at 16x. Shouldn't be problematic for most GPUs, but just an FYI.

Last edited:

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
Here's how UT looks on my pimped-out sweetfx setup

[screenshot]http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=103323&stc=1&d=1419821345[/screenshot]

Attachments

• h13259.png
    h13259.png
    720.7 KB · Views: 73

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
I use OGL for UT and I don't like the performance (or look) of the SweetFX OGL converter. I have my .ini pretty tricked out though...extreme end/ high end textures, 24x AA, 16x AF etc...

Shot00022-1.png~original

Shot0006-1.png~original

Shot0007_2.jpg~original

Last edited: